Hello

  • Colin Hagreen
    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 19, 1999
      Hi.

      Just to introduce myself, I'm a keen modeller and wargamer, everything
      from 15mm to 120mm, since I was knee-high (about 20+ years). I have
      half-a-dozen 15mm DBA armies, loads of GW space marines, an Imperial
      Guard army made up from Escher and I'm gradually painting up another
      three DBA's.

      I've never tried to sculpt anything more than occasional replacement
      arms and hands for large scale figures, but I fancy making myself a few
      masters for a 15mm Romano-British (Arthurian) army. Any hints and tips
      as to where to start would be appreciated!

      Yours,
      Colin
    • Drew Jenkins
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 6, 2009
        Hello everyone.
        My name is Drew "The Barbarian" Jenkins, I'm 22, and I live in Evansville, IN.  I got into Warhammer 40k about 6 years ago when some friends picked up the game from their older siblings.  We played and modelled regularly in my friend's basement for about 3 years, and then got out of the habit as we went out seperate ways for college.  Not all of our efforts were poured into modelling, as we mainly used it for something to do while we got hammered and waited for our turn to play Halo.  I've been wanting to get back into it again, and now I'd really like to build a showcase army and their home terrain, instead of just converting a few models and slaping some paint on them.  I have a wealth of ideas for both 40k and Fantasy, and all I need is a point in the right direction of how to put them in plastic and paint.  I've been paiting models off and on since I was 7 or 8, but I am always open to advice and new ideas, and I haven't sculpted anything in
        my life.
        Nice meeting you guys, and I hope to inspire and be inspired by you all in the future,
        Drew