Re: [1listSculpting] Re: Walker sculpt

  • Drew Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2005
      I say do both at the same time. Modern vehicles aren't designed without
      numerous modifications along the way to allow for ergonomics. And the human
      body is flexible and can adjust to the device it is operating.

      Drew

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2005
        Well Im sort of a chop, cut scrape and glue sort of person. I make
        mechs a lot from styrene plastic (see portfolio)
        http://dragonforge.com/portfolio/mech_warrior_portfolio.htm

        I prefer solvent based glues that melt the plastic together rather
        than a sandwitch based adhesive like a CA glue.

        Ill also use brown putty where needed.

        Jeff

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Ming-Hua" <minimaker3@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Thanks Ming-Hua,
        > >
        > > That whole tutorial looks like it will help me.
        >
        > You're welcome. Do note though that different sculptors may have
        > different ways of making mechs. If you look at Jeff Wilhelm's mechs
        > you see many more different materials.
        >
        > Jeff, any special tips on making mechs?
        >
        > Bye, Ming-Hua
      • Infojunky
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2005
          Jeff wrote:

          > Well Im sort of a chop, cut scrape and glue sort of person. I make
          > mechs a lot from styrene plastic (see portfolio)
          > http://dragonforge.com/portfolio/mech_warrior_portfolio.htm
          >
          > I prefer solvent based glues that melt the plastic together rather
          > than a sandwitch based adhesive like a CA glue.

          How are you doing the texture on the wheels?

          --
          Evyn

          "Scientia Est Potentia"

          http://ceecom.net
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2005
            I do it on a small miniature lathe with a indexing attachment. I cut
            the radial grives with a cutting bit and then scribe the cross thread
            lined with a scribe and a tool rest using the index to make them even
            spaced.