First attempt at scratch Sculpting

  • markvtes
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      Hi,

      This is my first attempt at scratch sculpting something. Any advice
      and feedback would be much appreciated.

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngustheUnruled/RoughtRiderBeastSculptLandRveiw.jpg

      It is intended to be a mount for an imperial guardsman and thus the
      back will be covered by saddles and packs. The head has part of what
      will be the reigns etc over it at the moment.
    • Brian Cooke
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        The arms seem a little bit disproportionate, but it's a very
        interesting pose and nice detail. Will he have a rider, or will it
        just be the beast with a saddle and packs?

        -Brian

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "markvtes" <markvtes@y...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
          Hi Brian,

          Yes it will have a rider. I am not intending to sculpt one though I
          am just going to convert a GW catachan imperial guard figure.

          Hmmmm now that you mention it the arms are out of proportion. I tried
          making them smaller on the next one that I am working on at the moment
          but now they have ended up looking a bit thick.

          Thanks for the feedback,

          Mark

          --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cooke"
          <kaylmaclaren@y...> wrote:
          > The arms seem a little bit disproportionate, but it's a very
          > interesting pose and nice detail. Will he have a rider, or will it
          > just be the beast with a saddle and packs?
          >
          > -Brian
          >

          > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "markvtes" <markvtes@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > This is my first attempt at scratch sculpting something. Any advice
          > > and feedback would be much appreciated.
          > >

          > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngustheUnruled/RoughtRiderBeast
          > SculptLandRveiw.jpg
          > >
          > > It is intended to be a mount for an imperial guardsman and thus the
          > > back will be covered by saddles and packs. The head has part of what
          > > will be the reigns etc over it at the moment.
        • Geordie Hicks
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2005
            Good posing/ sense of action. Might want to define
            the head features a bit more.
            -Geordie