Re: Badger sculpt

  • Zurik
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Ming-Hua" <minimaker3@y...>

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/minimaker/miniatures/badger.jp

      > A badger warrior for which I took the inspiration for weapons and
      > equipment from Chinese and oriental sources.
      >
      > Bye, Ming-Hua

      Looks good so far, especially the details! Very sharp. I think it's
      hard to anthropomorphize a badger without losing a bit of what makes
      a badger distinct and that is the low broad body and stance.
      The arms on this guy seem a bit too long and the right arm in
      particular seems a bit "tacked on".
      Aside from those minor criticisms a very nice sculpt!
    • Brian Cooke
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
        Quite cool. Believe it or not, I've actually had something similar
        in the back of my mind for ages (ever since badgerbadgerbadger.com )
        He seems kind of drawn into himself with his arms so close to his
        body like that.

        -Brian

        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/minimaker/miniatures/badger.jpg

        > A badger warrior for which I took the inspiration for weapons and
        > equipment from Chinese and oriental sources.
        >
        > Bye, Ming-Hua
      • Alf Vierth
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
          Indeed a beautiful badger. The pics make it a bit hard to see the facial
          details I'm afraid. But pose and smoothing are looking great!
          > Here is a preview (still needs some cleaning uit) of my latest sculpt:
          > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/minimaker/miniatures/badger.jpg
          >
          > A badger warrior for which I took the inspiration for weapons and
          > equipment from Chinese and oriental sources.
          >
          > Bye, Ming-Hua
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kelvenmore
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
            Hi Ming-Hua,
            Looks great, I really dig the weapon it looks awsome. The rest of the
            detail
            on the sculpt looks great, nice and sharp. The folds on the pants look
            great also
            His arms look a bit longer than his legs, don't know if that is part of the
            animorph look.
            __
            Xavier