Re: Almost forgot

  • Ming-Hua
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi,

      > Ming- they were released, manufactured as white metal castings.
      Ah, I thought I had seen them already.

      > For you, I'll TRY to find it, and take a pic of the parts...just for
      you Ming :)
      :) Thanks, much appreciated.

      > Thanks for starting, maintaining such a great group!
      I'm happy to hear you like the group. By the way, a misunderstanding
      here. I think I'm the most "visible" moderator at the moment but I'm
      neither the owner nor the only one. The list was started (and is
      owned) by Ricki Marchant in August 1999. He's now studying at
      Cambridge university and pretty busy. So we have not seen him for a
      while.
      Apart from me there are eleven other members who have moderator rights
      and they are working on maintaining the list as well (thanks guys).

      Bye, Ming-Hua
    • Sandra L. Garrity
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2004
        Hi Brannon,

        I worked for leading Edge Games too. I did the Army of Darkness line,
        K-visor Rock and Legions of Steel figs. Bob Ridolfi did the Aliens
        figures and some other lines other lines.

        By the Way, the Aliens stuff is copyrighten material and the current
        holder of the copyright might get upset if you try to sell any of the
        items that come from the Aliens IP. Leading Edge Games had to pay for
        the license to manufacture and sell all those pieces you were
        contracted to do and all the other Aliens stuff they had in
        production. They were simply a licensee, so their being out of
        business does not free any of us who did figs for them up to resell
        any of the figures in their licensed lines.

        Sandy Garrity

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Brannon Wright"
        <brannon@b...> wrote:
        > WAY back...a long time ago ( circa 93 ish), I did freelance work
        for a gaming company called Leading Edge Games.
        > They did the "Aliens" board game, I was contracted to build the APC
        and Dropship kits....anyway...
        > I built the master patterns outa plastic, brass an REN shape (an
        artificial "wood" for pattern making)
        > I then made RTV molds and cast them in a VERY durable Urethane
        called RE-PRO, from Freeman Plastics
        > Freeman Plastics and Re-Pro are still around.
        > http://www.freemansupply.com/cgi-bin/ksearch.pl?
        terms=repro&Submit=Submit
        > Also, for any of you guys with companies that want to manufacture
        an "Aliens" 25mm APC kit or Dropship kit...I STILL have the master
        molds/master patterns...Leading Edge Games went outa business YEARS
        ago.
        > The APC kit is about 8 pieces and the Dropship kit is about 63
        pieces and over 1 foot long!
        > Yes, the APC DOES fit into the Dropship...all in 25mm scale :)
        > Contact me PRIVATELTY if your interrested.
        > brannon@b...
        > I just realizd...NO pix of this stuff on my site...I'll take a shot
        of the completed APC kit and upload it...it is really quite a nice
        kit.
        > Brannon

      • Brannon Wright
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2004
          Hi Sandy,

          I thought your name sounded familiar :)
          Have you heard from Dave MCkenzie or Irene Kinzek???
          Any idea where they might be???
          I'm aware of the copyright issue.
          It would be up to the gaming company to secure the rights to manufacture.
          I'm just sitting on the prototypes.
          Are you still sculpting, if so, with whom?

          <brannon@b...> wrote:
          > WAY back...a long time ago ( circa 93 ish), I did freelance work
          for a gaming company called Leading Edge Games.
          > They did the "Aliens" board game, I was contracted to build the APC
          and Dropship kits....anyway...
          > I built the master patterns outa plastic, brass an REN shape (an
          artificial "wood" for pattern making)
          > I then made RTV molds and cast them in a VERY durable Urethane
          called RE-PRO, from Freeman Plastics
          > Freeman Plastics and Re-Pro are still around.
          > http://www.freemansupply.com/cgi-bin/ksearch.pl?
          terms=repro&Submit=Submit
          > Also, for any of you guys with companies that want to manufacture
          an "Aliens" 25mm APC kit or Dropship kit...I STILL have the master
          molds/master patterns...Leading Edge Games went outa business YEARS
          ago.
          > The APC kit is about 8 pieces and the Dropship kit is about 63
          pieces and over 1 foot long!
          > Yes, the APC DOES fit into the Dropship...all in 25mm scale :)
          > Contact me PRIVATELTY if your interrested.
          > brannon@b...
          > I just realizd...NO pix of this stuff on my site...I'll take a shot
          of the completed APC kit and upload it...it is really quite a nice
          kit.
          > Brannon

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Kevin Contos
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2004
            I think Sandra might have sculpted a few things in her spare time

            http://tinyurl.com/65z9u

            > Are you still sculpting, if so, with whom?
          • Brian Cooke
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 1, 2004
              <brannon@b...> wrote:
              > WAY back...a long time ago ( circa 93 ish), I did freelance work
              for a gaming company called Leading Edge Games.
              > They did the "Aliens" board game, I was contracted to build the
              APC and Dropship kits....anyway...
              > I built the master patterns outa plastic, brass an REN shape (an
              artificial "wood" for pattern making)
              > I then made RTV molds and cast them in a VERY durable Urethane
              called RE-PRO, from Freeman Plastics
              > Freeman Plastics and Re-Pro are still around.
              > http://www.freemansupply.com/cgi-bin/ksearch.pl?
              terms=repro&Submit=Submit
              > Also, for any of you guys with companies that want to manufacture
              an "Aliens" 25mm APC kit or Dropship kit...I STILL have the master
              molds/master patterns...Leading Edge Games went outa business YEARS
              ago.
              > The APC kit is about 8 pieces and the Dropship kit is about 63
              pieces and over 1 foot long!
              > Yes, the APC DOES fit into the Dropship...all in 25mm scale :)
              > Contact me PRIVATELTY if your interrested.
              > brannon@b...
              > I just realizd...NO pix of this stuff on my site...I'll take a
              shot of the completed APC kit and upload it...it is really quite a
              nice kit.
              > Brannon

              That's pretty darn cool. Can't wait to see the pics when you get
              them posted. I actually have two sets of the Ridolfi aliens from
              Leading Edge.

              -Brian
            • Brannon Wright
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                THATS WHERE!!!
                HANNIBAL HAMPSTER!!
                Fortress Miniatures er something..
                LEGEND!!!!
                Thanks Kevin!
                Oh dam, I just realized I'm THAT old....
                sigh.
                35, eh...ok, not THAT old..I just remember when Steve Jackson Games put out Car Wars and Illuminati.
                Wasn't there a lawsuit with the FED and SJG over Illuminati???? think back old timers, before BBS...
                Something about the GOVT, thinking "Iluminati" was some subversive,communist kinda game...er something....SJG got audited....SOMETHING....
                I was playtesting "Yar's Revenge and Haunted House" on the 2600 for my dad at Atari.
                ya young whippersnappers....
                ah, the good old daze...
                Superman 3...LMAO...I havn't thought of this stuff in YEARS!!!
                THANX Kevin!
                Brannon

                I think Sandra might have sculpted a few things in her spare time

                http://tinyurl.com/65z9u

                > Are you still sculpting, if so, with whom?

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Mark Perneta
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                  At 03:10 AM 9/2/2004 -0700, Brannon Wright wrote:
                  >35, eh...ok, not THAT old..I just remember when Steve Jackson Games put
                  >out Car Wars and Illuminati.
                  >Wasn't there a lawsuit with the FED and SJG over Illuminati???? think back
                  >old timers, before BBS...

                  No, you're thinking of <http://gurps-cyberpunk.wikiverse.org/>
                  GURPS Cyberpunk.

                  Mark.

                  --
                  "Real novelists die in the arms of their fourth wife of
                  cirrhosis of the liver at age 57, but science fiction writers are
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                    --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cooke"
                    <kaylmaclaren@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Brannon Wright"
                    > <brannon@b...> wrote:
                    > > WAY back...a long time ago ( circa 93 ish), I did freelance work
                    > for a gaming company called Leading Edge Games.
                    > > They did the "Aliens" board game, I was contracted to build the
                    > APC and Dropship kits....anyway...
                    > > I built the master patterns outa plastic, brass an REN shape (an
                    > artificial "wood" for pattern making)
                    > > I then made RTV molds and cast them in a VERY durable Urethane
                    > called RE-PRO, from Freeman Plastics
                    > > Freeman Plastics and Re-Pro are still around.
                    > > http://www.freemansupply.com/cgi-bin/ksearch.pl?
                    > terms=repro&Submit=Submit
                    > > Also, for any of you guys with companies that want to manufacture
                    > an "Aliens" 25mm APC kit or Dropship kit...I STILL have the master
                    > molds/master patterns...Leading Edge Games went outa business YEARS
                    > ago.
                    > > The APC kit is about 8 pieces and the Dropship kit is about 63
                    > pieces and over 1 foot long!
                    > > Yes, the APC DOES fit into the Dropship...all in 25mm scale :)
                    > > Contact me PRIVATELTY if your interrested.
                    > > brannon@b...
                    > > I just realizd...NO pix of this stuff on my site...I'll take a
                    > shot of the completed APC kit and upload it...it is really quite a
                    > nice kit.
                    > > Brannon
                    > >

                    > That's pretty darn cool. Can't wait to see the pics when you get
                    > them posted. I actually have two sets of the Ridolfi aliens from
                    > Leading Edge.
                    >
                    > -Brian

                    There was a DROPSHIP?

                    I too would like to see some pictures of it. Please keep us
                    informed.I own quite a bit from this collection myself. I thought I
                    was only missing the APC and the Powerloader (--and one of my
                    Colonial Marines ingloriously lost at this years GenCon by my buddy.
                    We think over by the first floor telephones... MIA... You are not
                    forgotten...)

                    Also, my Alien Queen was bought out of a "damaged goods" bin and is
                    missing her head. I was going to tackle sculpting a new one for her,
                    but finding good clear photo has been difficult. A shot of the
                    original would helpful if anyone has one.
                  • Brannon Wright
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                      Thanks Mark :)
                      mr B

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                        Hi Brannon,

                        Yes, I think one could say I'm doing a bit of sculpting here and
                        there--Reaper Miniatures takes up a huge amount of my time, but I
                        also work for a few other firms such as Lance and Laser, Fortress
                        Figures, Magnificent Egos, Thanes Games, Gronard Miniatures, Aspen
                        Modeling Company, Discount Hobby, Dwarven Forge,and several new
                        clients just coming into my schedule, plus two pewter companies.
                        Quite a bit of my work has been licensed projects through various
                        licensees doing figures such as the Star Wars lines and other movie
                        licensed projects.

                        I really like the gaming clients though. There is so much more
                        creative freedom in this industry, I think, and the projects are
                        really interesting.

                        Are you doing any work in the miniatures industry?

                        <brannon@b...> wrote:
                        > Hi Sandy,
                        >
                        > I thought your name sounded familiar :)
                        > Have you heard from Dave MCkenzie or Irene Kinzek???
                        > Any idea where they might be???
                        > I'm aware of the copyright issue.
                        > It would be up to the gaming company to secure the rights to
                        manufacture.
                        > I'm just sitting on the prototypes.
                        > Are you still sculpting, if so, with whom?
                        >
                        > Brannon

                        Service.

                      • Brannon Wright
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                          Hi Sandy,
                          I'm doing a bycicle kit for a startup company right now.
                          I did 3 robots at 54mm scale for WizKids last year.
                          I'd like to do more gaming sculpting but I don't have any clients in that arena :(
                          I mostly do sculpts and props for TV and Movies.
                          Most recently I did a fake pile of shaving cream for DELL.

                          <brannon@b...> wrote:
                          > Hi Sandy,
                          >
                          > I thought your name sounded familiar :)
                          > Have you heard from Dave MCkenzie or Irene Kinzek???
                          > Any idea where they might be???
                          > I'm aware of the copyright issue.
                          > It would be up to the gaming company to secure the rights to
                          manufacture.
                          > I'm just sitting on the prototypes.
                          > Are you still sculpting, if so, with whom?
                          >
                          > Brannon

                          Service.

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • Charles McGregor
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 3, 2004
                            Dell? Howdya know it was shaving cream?, might have been a one color
                            kit.

                            chic

                            > I'm doing a bycicle kit for a startup company right now.
                            > I did 3 robots at 54mm scale for WizKids last year.
                            > I'd like to do more gaming sculpting but I don't have any clients in
                            that arena :(
                            > I mostly do sculpts and props for TV and Movies.
                            > Most recently I did a fake pile of shaving cream for DELL.
                            > Brannon

                            Service.