RE: Sculpting Hands

  • Glenn Harris
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
      Oh, yes I've seen that stuff. Horribly toxic though. I take it you wear some
      kind of latex gloves when you are working on it. Does it stick well to the
      armatures and other putties?

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
        And you don't have any problems with the armature pulling apart as you are
        working on it? I've tried using only gree stuff to hold an armature together
        but I haven't had much success. Must be a lack of technique!
        I've seen a version of the bulked out "bodies" that you are talking
        about, except they were bare wire with resin lumps filling them out in
        between the skeleton's joints. I have no idea where to get them though, and
        the guy who had them said that when he went through the ones he had he
        couldn't get any more.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
          Glenn Harris wrote:

          > From: Glenn Harris <GlennH@...>
          >
          > And you don't have any problems with the armature pulling apart as you are
          > working on it? I've tried using only gree stuff to hold an armature together
          > but I haven't had much success. Must be a lack of technique!

          Once I have my armature stuck together I fill out the figure's torso and pelvis
          before I make the final adjustments to the position of the arms and legs.. This
          keeps the pieces in place.

          > I've seen a version of the bulked out "bodies" that you are talking
          > about, except they were bare wire with resin lumps filling them out in
          > between the skeleton's joints. I have no idea where to get them though, and
          > the guy who had them said that when he went through the ones he had he
          > couldn't get any more.

          I make mine from wire and putty and the companies I work for cast them for me.
          Call Reaper miniatures, ask them if they will sell you some of mine, they have
          a whole mold that is nothing but my armatures. Tell them I said it was okay.

          Bobby Jackson
        • Glenn Harris
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
            Thank you. I'll give them a call!

            > And you don't have any problems with the armature pulling apart as you are
            > working on it? I've tried using only gree stuff to hold an armature
            together
            > but I haven't had much success. Must be a lack of technique!

            Once I have my armature stuck together I fill out the figure's torso and
            pelvis
            before I make the final adjustments to the position of the arms and legs..
            This
            keeps the pieces in place.

            > I've seen a version of the bulked out "bodies" that you are
            talking
            > about, except they were bare wire with resin lumps filling them out in
            > between the skeleton's joints. I have no idea where to get them though,
            and
            > the guy who had them said that when he went through the ones he had he
            > couldn't get any more.

            I make mine from wire and putty and the companies I work for cast them for
            me.
            Call Reaper miniatures, ask them if they will sell you some of mine, they
            have
            a whole mold that is nothing but my armatures. Tell them I said it was okay.

            Bobby Jackson

            GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
            Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.