Re: [1listSculpting] filigree patterns

  • J Pryne
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2003
      I've found it much easier to carve figures (into a piece of wood, paper, or
      vegetable matter) than to sculpt a relief.

      Jack

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2003
        Thanks,

        I have trouble getting everything so smooth, and the
        pole arm heads bother me too. I'm still not married to
        that design.

        any suggestions?

        --- jppatton1@... wrote:
        > Standard Time,
        > 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >

        > > http://www.boomspeed.com/bedrock/aliens.jpg
        >
        > Nice work on these, very imaginative and full of
        > character. I like how the
        > eye has got its own articulation. :) The polearm
        > heads look a little rough
        > compared to everything else.
        >
        > Joel
        > the Mini-A-Week project at Minutiae
        > http://www.minutiae-minis.com

        > removed]

        =====
        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Alf Vierth
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1, 2003
          What material are they? I would guess Fimo or something. In that case you can cut and sandpaper them to smoothness but it´s difficult to answer without knowing the material of the poleheads.

          =====

        • jppatton1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 2, 2003
            In a message dated 2/2/2003 7:21:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com writes:

            > I have trouble getting everything so smooth, and the
            > pole arm heads bother me too. I'm still not married to
            > that design.
            >
            > any suggestions?

            Make 'em purposefully lumpy, like flint or something? Tapping a round tool
            into the surface looks neat.

            Joel
            the Mini-A-Week project at Minutiae
            http://www.minutiae-minis.com

          • Robert Paty
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 6, 2003
              How about metal foil instead of paper, it would take heat better.