Re: French GS suppliers & tools

  • Ming-Hua Kao
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2002
      Hi Sylvain,

      thanks for the update on the addresses. I'll be trying to put up new
      versions of the FAQ, book list and supplier's list soon so any new info is
      welcome.

      What kind of store is Eol by the way? The triangle Starplayer-L'ouef
      cube-Jeux d'escartes (well, the rue des écoles one that is) is my favourite
      mini-hunting area in Paris so I intend to drop bythe next time I'm there.

      I tried the www.e4m.fr link but for some reason it didn't work for me.

      Do you perhaps know where you can get hard putty like Milliput in France?

      Bye, Ming-Hua
    • elfesylvainfr
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        Hi Ming-Hua

        > What kind of store is Eol by the way? The triangle Starplayer-
        L'ouef
        > cube-Jeux d'escartes (well, the rue des écoles one that is) is my
        favourite
        > mini-hunting area in Paris so I intend to drop bythe next time I'm
        there.

        Eol is a model-making shop, there are 3 shops in the same street
        depending on what you are looking for. It's betwen starplayer and
        Jeux Descartes (like the philosophe, not d'escartes:)). With l'oeuf
        cube that a large triangle!
        There is also a GW shop (with 1 sculpting tool) near Jeux Descartes
        and starplayer (closer than l'oeuf cube but in the opposite direction)

        > I tried the www.e4m.fr link but for some reason it didn't work for
        me.

        I didn't write the http part, try
        http://www.e4m.fr/
        it "works" but is in construction so you can't see anything
        interessant yet.

        > Do you perhaps know where you can get hard putty like Milliput in
        France?

        Of course, I didn't mention it as I thought it was easy to get but
        you can get milliput from Durandal, Eol, E4M and many art shops
        like "Graphigro" or "Rougier et Plé". I don't know all the adresses
        but there is a "Rougier et Plé" at 13 boulevard des Filles du
        Calvaire. They supply milliput, another epoxy putty called "model
        epox" (I didn't try but is said to be almost the same, cheaper,it
        comes in 2X500g boxes), but also any kind of Fimo, RTV molds, metal
        and resin for casting (but for big quantities I've cheaper adresses
        outside Paris), plastiline etc...
        Near this shop, rue de Tourenne, there is also "hobby-Café" co-owned
        by a model-making shop and Fenryll's shop were you'll see models and
        minis, maybe milliput too... and usually there is Marc Cervera, a
        Fenryll sculptor using Fimo (thought he doesn't sculpt here, he
        paint!)
        It will be another hunting triangle for you with this 2 shops and
        Durandal (5min walk).
        Durandal also sell AB putty, and maybe E4M too.
        I'll suggest them to carry brown stuff next time I'll see them.

        Bye,
        Sylvain
      • charles.mcgregor
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2002
          Thanks for the tools addresses Sylvain. I am going to Paris for
          another holiday tommorrow and I will check them out.

          chic

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2002
            Hi Chic,

            I didn't mention it but E4M isn't in Paris and I think they just sell
            by mail order and to conventions.
            However you'll get tools at Eol, just ask them to the shopkeeper as I
            think they aren't exposed.
            You can also look at the tools from Durandal, wich are cheaper and
            can be of some use (mostly for big stuff though...)

            Sylvain

            > Thanks for the tools addresses Sylvain. I am going to Paris for
            > another holiday tommorrow and I will check them out.
            >
            > chic

            > "Near" to starplayer you can find good tools at Eol, 70 boulevard St
            > Germain 75005 Paris.
            > phone:01.43.54.01.43
            > I've been using those tools almost from the beginning and they are
            > still among my favourits.
            >
            > And finnally a two weeks ago at a convention I've discovered E.4.M
            > wich sells GS and very good dentist tools (I've got some and am very
            > happy with them) and many other usefull things.
            > They have been very friendly . However GS isn't in their catalogue
            > and their website is still in construction, so better phone them.
            > They were selling GS cheaper than Durandal.
            > adress: 2 rue des Casses-Croûte F-28260 Gilles
            > phone: 02.37.64.04.49
            > website: www.e4m.fr
          • charles.mcgregor
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2002
              Thanks Sylvain.

              I won't ask him to expose his tool though, that is naughty in UK
              English :-)

              regards
              chic
              I didn't mention it but E4M isn't in Paris and I think they just sell
              by mail order and to conventions.
              However you'll get tools at Eol, just ask them to the shopkeeper as I
              think they aren't exposed.
              You can also look at the tools from Durandal, wich are cheaper and
              can be of some use (mostly for big stuff though...)

              Sylvain

              > Thanks for the tools addresses Sylvain. I am going to Paris for
              > another holiday tommorrow and I will check them out.
              >
              > chic

              > "Near" to starplayer you can find good tools at Eol, 70 boulevard St
              > Germain 75005 Paris.
              > phone:01.43.54.01.43
              > I've been using those tools almost from the beginning and they are
              > still among my favourits.
              >
              > And finnally a two weeks ago at a convention I've discovered E.4.M
              > wich sells GS and very good dentist tools (I've got some and am very
              > happy with them) and many other usefull things.
              > They have been very friendly . However GS isn't in their catalogue
              > and their website is still in construction, so better phone them.
              > They were selling GS cheaper than Durandal.
              > adress: 2 rue des Casses-Cro�te F-28260 Gilles
              > phone: 02.37.64.04.49
              > website: www.e4m.fr

              Will You Find True Love?
              Will You Meet the One?