VIP 3

  • Nicodemus Aravoth
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 3, 2001
      I know there's probably an easy way to find this out, but I'm a newbie to
      the list... I'm really interested in sculpting something for VIP3 -- is it
      too late? Where are the guidelines?

      Beginners are welcome, I hope?

      -Nici

      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 3, 2001
        >is it too late?
        Well, it was set for 1 december but don't let that keep you from making something for VIP 3.

        >Where are the guidelines?
        The guidelines are in the FAQ folder.

        > Beginners are welcome, I hope?
        Absolutely.

        Bye, Ming-Hua
      • Ironrook
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 4, 2001
          All the VIP#2 sets going outside the USA have been sent.
          Most were sent on Friday but I had a few more with last minute
          changes going today.

          They were sent USPS Global Priority and you should expect delivery in
          1 to 2 weeks.
          For purposes of customs, I marked them as "commercial samples" rather
          than "merchandise".
          I thought that a more accurate description anyway.

          If all goes well, I should get the rest out tomorrow.

          --

          mailto:ironrook@...
        • jimbomar@ozemail.com.au
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 4, 2001
            Jeff
            Thanks for thinking of us Aussies first!
            Im really looking forward to receiving the the set. Thank you for all
            your hard work.
            Just out of interest, what was your favourite figure(if you had one)
            as the caster of the set?

            Regards
            James Marshall

            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 5, 2001
              For those of you anxiously waiting on the VIP#2 castings:

              I have just finished casting the last ones but seeing how it's now
              4:00, I don't think I'll get them all packed and labeled before the
              post office closes. Looks like I'll finish packing them up this
              afternoon and send them off in the morning. That should get them to
              everyone in the USA by Tuesday. There is light at the end of the
              tunnel.

              --

              mailto:ironrook@...
            • Ironrook
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 6, 2001
                They're all in the mail.
                --

                mailto:ironrook@...
              • Dominic Heutelbeck
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 6, 2001
                  Ironrook wrote:

                  > They're all in the mail.

                  Great. Now lean back, take a deep breath and have a nice cold beer.

                  Thanks a lot for your effors.

                  CU,
                  Dominic
                • mancha_moses
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 8, 2001
                    --- In 1listSculpting@y..., Ironrook <ironrook@b...> wrote:
                    > They're all in the mail.

                    Ironrook!

                    I got my set this afternoon. I've watched with disappointment the
                    mailman drive by my apartment so many times. I practically held my
                    breath with excitement as he stopped his little truck outside our
                    door, and brought the package to me. "Please, don't be a mere
                    Christmas gift" I thought to myself. "Fortress Figures" in the top
                    left corner reassured me.

                    It was a huge delight to open it and go through the collection one by
                    one. You said at one point that you hoped the experience wouldn't be
                    a disappointment to me. I think I can reassure you that I am anything
                    but disappointed. Thanks for all the work you put into this. And
                    thanks to all the sculptors who contributed to the set. I'm going to
                    have a great time going through them, comparing them, providing
                    commentary on the VIP page and, one day, even painting some of them.

                    Jason Moses
                  • Bob Lippman
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 10, 2001
                      At 03:54 PM 12/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
                      >They're all in the mail.

                      Sorry I've been so quiet lately, but I just wanted to say that mine arrived
                      on Saturday - Awesome dude! Thanks!

                      --
                      Bob Lippman <ALTBOB@...>

                      "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

                      http://www.miniaturesbattles.com

                      ~~ ~~
                      ( 0 0 )
                      ( )