greetings

  • Richard Marchant
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 1999
      Hi there.
      Nice to see that you joined my list. It's a rather elete group at the
      moment. ie just you and me, but then again, I didn't really expect that many
      people will be interested in the subject, as it is quite uncommon.

      I'm a fairly experianced sculpter, I started adding bits to my models and
      then moved on to making complete models, I have experimented with different
      modelling materials, but have decided apon green stuff ever since it came
      out. I'm now on my 5th model, which is nearly completed and am still
      learning new skills!

      Where abouts are you? Do you want to start, or have you begun already?

      Riki
    • tomcat135713
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2006
        I'm a 30 something who returned to model making when WAB caught my
        interest at the local hobby bunker but I've found my true spiritual
        home in the DBx family of rules- especially HOTT I basically turned
        to sculpting to get the things that no one made or were priced
        beyond my budget aside from a badly proportioned elephant most of my
        projects have been small support materials cups kegs flags(blowing
        in the wind) tents weapons etc. Ive made polymer clay molds of heads
        from commerically produce figures to produce polymer clay door
        knockers stuff like that. So I guess my war gaming addiction and
        hobby has lead me here. had read one brief article on green stuff
        and thought hey thats the same stuff we use in plumbing to patch
        cast iron pipe (though the plumbers stuff is very fast setting and
        increcibly hard so I had to sculpt fast with it. yeah I know your
        not supose to use it but i didnt have the green stuff available and
        wanted to scuplt right now! so hey what ever and the dwarves really
        liked getting there baggage element finished up.

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Marchant"
        <ricki.marchant@... wrote:

        > Hi there.
        > Nice to see that you joined my list. It's a rather elete group at
        the
        > moment. ie just you and me, but then again, I didn't really expect
        that many
        > people will be interested in the subject, as it is quite uncommon.
        >
        > I'm a fairly experianced sculpter, I started adding bits to my
        models and
        > then moved on to making complete models, I have experimented with
        different
        > modelling materials, but have decided apon green stuff ever since
        it came
        > out. I'm now on my 5th model, which is nearly completed and am
        still
        > learning new skills!
        >

        > Where abouts are you? Do you want to start, or have you begun
        already?

        > Riki

      • jppatton1
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2006
          --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "tomcat135713" <jedion357@...>
          wrote:

          > I'm a 30 something who returned to model making when WAB caught my
          > interest at the local hobby bunker but I've found my true spiritual
          > home in the DBx family of rules- especially HOTT I basically turned
          > to sculpting to get the things that no one made or were priced
          > beyond my budget aside from a badly proportioned elephant most of my
          > projects have been small support materials cups kegs flags(blowing
          > in the wind) tents weapons etc. Ive made polymer clay molds of heads
          > from commerically produce figures to produce polymer clay door
          > knockers stuff like that. So I guess my war gaming addiction and
          > hobby has lead me here. had read one brief article on green stuff
          > and thought hey thats the same stuff we use in plumbing to patch
          > cast iron pipe (though the plumbers stuff is very fast setting and
          > increcibly hard so I had to sculpt fast with it. yeah I know your
          > not supose to use it but i didnt have the green stuff available and
          > wanted to scuplt right now! so hey what ever and the dwarves really
          > liked getting there baggage element finished up.

          Welcome aboard.

          Green stuff started out as plumbing putty, but the 2-part
          blue-and-yellow putty you get in the US (Duro brand) is no longer the
          same thing, unless something has changed.

          But I started out using plumbing putty, too. :) It's good if
          you're a beginner trying to do something quick and easy -- 5 minutes
          is plenty of time to bash out a crude arm or pack.

          Joel
          http://minutiae-minis.com