41831Re: Bobby J. and Jason W. and others, What do you think of ProCreate

  • pendix100
    Mar 29, 2013
      Actually I recently got a pack of Pro-crete in the mail and have begun experimenting with it. Honestly, when I had first heard about it I was pretty sceptical about what I was hearing. However, now that I've had an opportunity to work with it, well, I'm impressed: It holds an edge better than green-stuff (which makes really fine stuff, and inorganic stuff easier), and is easier to file and drill once it has set. Plus (I really doubted this when I first heard it) the grey colour make it easier to see fine details.

      Of-course it's not all gravy; it's not as sticky as green-stuff, which can make applying some things a pain, and it costs about twice as much as my current batch of green-stuff did when I bought it (though this might just be a supplier issue). I have found that in some cases; where I'm working on an area I want a really clear distinction as to where one part ends and another begins, using green-stuff for one part and pro-crete for the other makes it very clear to see.

      This is just my personal experience, so YMMV, but I, personaly, am a convert.

      - Stephen
      http://pendix.deviantart.com/

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinchenevert@...> wrote:

      > I have seen in the Reaper Greens gallery more folks seeming to be using another sculpting medium which I am assuming is ProCreate.
      >
      > There is a sculpting project on my horizon and I am thinking of trying out ProCreate instead of Kneadatite this time.
      >
      > For those of you who have been using ProCreate (or other?) let me know what you think of it as well as some of its physical characteristics.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Kevin Chenevert
      > www.RedKobold.com

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic