Re: [1J13] USAmerica: Marriage Amendment

  • Rick Stilwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
      Further FYI - the US Senate just voted 48-50 against continuing debate on
      the Marriage Protection Amendment. It will now, if I understand things
      properly, come before the Senate for a vote with no further debate, meaning
      that it would need 67 votes, a super-majority, to pass out of the Senate as
      an amendment to the Constitution. That seems unlikely - Republicans do not
      have the votes, and there are some Republicans who are balking at the
      measure in the first place.

      peace & much prayer - rick