Tuesday3 07/13/2004

  • Rick Stilwell
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
      1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?
      2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?
      3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?

      peace :) - rick
    • Rick Stilwell
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
        1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?
        * teal, somewhere around the blue band

        2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?
        * five for fighting, "superman" -
        "I’m more than a bird... I’m more than a plane / More than some pretty face
        beside a train / It’s not easy to be me"
        [http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/five-for-fighting/54033.html%5d

        3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
        * "local tech pastor saves patrons in burning starbucks, orders macchiato
        to go"
      • Carlos Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
          1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?

          Blue - cause I'm cool.

          2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?

          Issac Hayes' "Shaft", cause I'm "a bad motha, SHUT YO MOUTH!"

          3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?

          "Little 'C' is named sexiest man alive 10 years running"

          1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?
          * teal, somewhere around the blue band

          2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?
          * five for fighting, "superman" -
          "I'm more than a bird... I'm more than a plane / More than some pretty face
          beside a train / It's not easy to be me"
          [http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/five-for-fighting/54033.html%5d

          3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
          * "local tech pastor saves patrons in burning starbucks, orders macchiato
          to go"

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • toast5000@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
            1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?
            Blue

            2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?
            "The Rockford Files" theme

            3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
            Seattle man sucks it up, finally purchases new suit

          • Rick Stilwell
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004

              3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
              Seattle man sucks it up, finally purchases new suit
              <<
              No, James - say it ain't so :)

              peace - rick
            • Russ Noland
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                > 1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?

                Probably would have to be purple since I can't decide whether I like hot
                sauce or the blues more...;)

                > 2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?

                Probably just the intro to Aerosmith's "Road Runner"

                > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?

                Local Pastor Resigns to Tour with Clapton

                :)
                Russ Noland
              • Oszkar Ambrus
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                  > 1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?

                  Definitely blue.

                  > 2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?

                  Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence. I've been listening them for the
                  past few days, since I saw The Graduate. (April Come She Will, or even
                  Scarborough Fair would suit).

                  > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?

                  CS Student struggling with all he's gotto prepare for his latest and most
                  important exam of this school year.
                • Elizabeth Brewer
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                    >From: "Oszkar Ambrus" <aoszkar@...> Reply-To: 1J13@yahoogroups.com
                    >To: <1J13@yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [1J13] Tuesday3 07/13/2004 Date:
                    >Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:38:10 +0300 > 2) What theme song would you have playing
                    >as you walked into a room?
                    >
                    >Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence. I've been listening them for
                    >the past few days, since I saw The Graduate. (April Come She Will, or even
                    >Scarborough Fair would suit).

                    I just saw Simon & Garfunkel in concert w/my dad a week ago! I've loved
                    them forever (and I'm only in my 20s). It was a chance of a lifetime to see
                    them! I think my theme song might be The 59th St. Bridge Song (Feeling
                    Groovy)...or maybe some salsa song, like Indestructible by Ray Barretto! :)

                    Oh, and my color on the rainbow would be Red, I think or maybe Yellow.

                    And my headline would be, "Local gang intervention counselor finally finds
                    time to finish her thesis and obtains master's degree!"

                    LIZ
                  • Todd Vick
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                      > 1) What color would you be if you could be any color of the rainbow?

                      I would be green. Don't know why...I just like green. The Hulk is green.

                      > 2) What theme song would you have playing as you walked into a room?

                      Tom Jones, "It's Not Unusual."

                      > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?

                      Local guy collapses at the gym.
                    • Todd Vick
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                        > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
                        > Seattle man sucks it up, finally purchases new suit

                        Had I been in Seattle, I could have prevented this.
                      • Todd Vick
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                          > > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
                          >
                          > Local Pastor Resigns to Tour with Clapton

                          Russ, have you ever heard Clapton's Blues CD? Check out number 6. I love
                          the blues.
                          Todd
                        • Russ Noland
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                            I'm not sure which CD you're talking about...lots of his cd's have blues on
                            them, but I couldn't find one that was just called "Clapton's Blues"...his
                            latest one was called "Me and Mr. Johnson" and is nothing but covers of old
                            Robert Johnson tunes.

                            I saw him here in concert at the Cotton Bowl a few weeks ago. You would have
                            been in blues heaven at this thing, Todd...BB King, Clapton, Buddy Guy,
                            Robert Cray, Hubert Sumlin (who played with Howlin' Wolf), Jimmy Vaughan.
                            Then, on top of all those guys, you had James Taylor, Pat Metheny, Carlos
                            Santana, ZZ Top, Neil Schon, Steve Vai, Larry Carlton...

                            It was pretty awesome...:)
                            Russ

                          • Todd Vick
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                              The one I was referring to is called, simply, Eric Clapton Blues. Disc 1 is
                              studio blues, and Disc 2 is live. I play it in the car all the time. 2
                              CD's of raw, cigar puffing blues.

                              I imagine that "Pretty Awesome" is an understated description of seeing them
                              at the Cotton Bowl. Wish I could have been there. Blues Heaven is right!
                              BB King is still da man!

                              > I'm not sure which CD you're talking about...lots of his cd's have blues
                              on
                              > them, but I couldn't find one that was just called "Clapton's Blues"...his
                              > latest one was called "Me and Mr. Johnson" and is nothing but covers of
                              old
                              > Robert Johnson tunes.
                              >
                              > I saw him here in concert at the Cotton Bowl a few weeks ago. You would
                              have
                              > been in blues heaven at this thing, Todd...BB King, Clapton, Buddy Guy,
                              > Robert Cray, Hubert Sumlin (who played with Howlin' Wolf), Jimmy Vaughan.
                              > Then, on top of all those guys, you had James Taylor, Pat Metheny, Carlos
                              > Santana, ZZ Top, Neil Schon, Steve Vai, Larry Carlton...
                              >
                              > It was pretty awesome...:)
                              > Russ

                            • Oszkar Ambrus
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                                Simon & Garfunkel are just great, aren't they? I've loved them as well since
                                the first time I heard The Sound of Silence.

                                > >Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:38:10 +0300 > 2) What theme song would you have
                                playing
                                > >as you walked into a room?
                                > >
                                > >Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence. I've been listening them for
                                > >the past few days, since I saw The Graduate. (April Come She Will, or
                                even
                                > >Scarborough Fair would suit).
                                >

                                > I just saw Simon & Garfunkel in concert w/my dad a week ago! I've loved
                                > them forever (and I'm only in my 20s). It was a chance of a lifetime to
                                see
                                > them! I think my theme song might be The 59th St. Bridge Song (Feeling
                                > Groovy)...or maybe some salsa song, like Indestructible by Ray Barretto!
                                :)

                                > Oh, and my color on the rainbow would be Red, I think or maybe Yellow.
                                >
                                > And my headline would be, "Local gang intervention counselor finally finds
                                > time to finish her thesis and obtains master's degree!"
                                >
                                > LIZ
                              • David R. Block
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
                                  1) Red
                                  2) "I Just Wanna Rock"--Twisted Sister
                                  3) New Record set for Being Stuck in Traffic

                                  David

                                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
                                  teenage boys." --P. J. O'Rourke

                                • toast5000@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 14, 2004
                                    I did purchase a suit yesterday, actually.

                                    > 3) What would be the major headline in tomorrow's newspapers about you?
                                    > Seattle man sucks it up, finally purchases new suit

                                    Had I been in Seattle, I could have prevented this.

                                  • Kimberly Wood
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 14, 2004
                                      Hey, did you go to CSU? Because, my friend Heather graduated from there May 2003 from the Religion dept. Anyway, she is visiting me from SC and I was telling her about this group and yadi yadi and she said your name sounded familiar. Just Curious.

                                      Kim

                                    • Rick Stilwell
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 15, 2004
                                        Hi, Kim -

                                        Hey, did you go to CSU? Because, my friend Heather graduated from there May
                                        2003 from the Religion dept. Anyway, she is visiting me from SC and I was
                                        telling her about this group and yadi yadi and she said your name sounded
                                        familiar. Just Curious.

                                        Kim
                                        <<
                                        I went to the University of S. Carolina, graduating in 1990. My brother went
                                        to Charleston Southern University (CSU) for a time, but I'm not sure what
                                        year he finished up - early 90s, I'm sure. He sang with the gospel show
                                        choir down there, and might have some connections that would make his name
                                        float around a little longer.

                                        how's that? :) - peace - rick
                                      • Kimberly Wood
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 18, 2004
                                          Yes, it's helpful in determining that she has no idea of who you are... :-) Thank you very much! Take care
                                          Kim

                                          Rick Stilwell <rstilwell@...> wrote:
                                          Hi, Kim -

                                          Hey, did you go to CSU? Because, my friend Heather graduated from there May
                                          2003 from the Religion dept. Anyway, she is visiting me from SC and I was
                                          telling her about this group and yadi yadi and she said your name sounded
                                          familiar. Just Curious.

                                          Kim
                                          <<
                                          I went to the University of S. Carolina, graduating in 1990. My brother went
                                          to Charleston Southern University (CSU) for a time, but I'm not sure what
                                          year he finished up - early 90s, I'm sure. He sang with the gospel show
                                          choir down there, and might have some connections that would make his name
                                          float around a little longer.

                                          how's that? :) - peace - rick

                                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                        • Rick Stilwell
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 19, 2004

                                            Yes, it's helpful in determining that she has no idea of who you are...
                                            :-) Thank you very much! Take care
                                            Kim
                                            <<
                                            I get that alot ;)