Password help

  • lenoregajewski
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2008
      Hello to all Mac users. First time owner here. I have a Power Mac G4 Cube that was a hand
      me down, still trying to get use to it. One of the problems I'm having is that it still has the
      previous owner password and I have no way of retrieving it. Does anyone know of any way
      that I can reconfigure this thing and get rid of that password. Thanks to all.
    • nciccheck
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2008
        --- In 1AppleFreeTech@yahoogroups.com, "lenoregajewski" <lenoregajewski@...> wrote:

        > Hello to all Mac users. First time owner here. I have a Power Mac G4 Cube that was a hand
        > me down, still trying to get use to it. One of the problems I'm having is that it still has the
        > previous owner password and I have no way of retrieving it. Does anyone know of any way
        > that I can reconfigure this thing and get rid of that password. Thanks to all.

        If you have the original Restore CD/DVD or an Install CD for the OS you can reset the
        password from the CD/DVD.

        Restart the machine with the CD inserted in the DVD drive. Hold either the C or Option key.
        C will restart from the CD and Option will let you choose the CD. Once restarted you will find
        a reset password option from under the Apple menu icon. Select it and follow the
        instructions.

        John