Buy or find the rule of 1841 ?

  • axelbrochard
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      How I could buy or find the rule of 1841.
      (
      I find the map the titles,
      I don't find the compagnie page and the stock market table ?
      )
      I send a mail to C. Lawson but I don't have a answer.
    • Mike Monical
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
        --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "axelbrochard" <abrochard@c...> wrote:
        > How I could buy or find the rule of 1841.
        > (
        > I find the map the titles,
        > I don't find the compagnie page and the stock market table ?
        > )
        > I send a mail to C. Lawson but I don't have a answer.

        It sounds like you are trying to create your own copy of 1841 which I
        suspect would be a violation of copywrite laws. This has been
        discussed many times is this forum. I think you would be better off
        inquiring if you could purchase the entire game.
      • Chris Lawson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
          --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Monical" <mike.monical@a...>
          wrote:
          > --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "axelbrochard" <abrochard@c...> wrote:
          > > How I could buy or find the rule of 1841.
          > > (
          > > I find the map the titles,
          > > I don't find the compagnie page and the stock market table ?
          > > )
          > > I send a mail to C. Lawson but I don't have a answer.
          >
          > It sounds like you are trying to create your own copy of 1841
          > which I suspect would be a violation of copywrite laws. This has
          > been discussed many times is this forum. I think you would be
          > better off inquiring if you could purchase the entire game.

          I currently do not have copies of the game available at the moment.
          I do plan to have more made but cannot provide any dates when they
          would be ready.

          Maybe you can find a second hand copy.

          Cheers
          Chris

          P.S. 18xx.net was updated yesterday so mircles do happen, maybe I'll
          get round to producing 18xx games again :)
        • axelbrochard
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
            Yes, I would like to build 1841 if I couldn't buy it, because the
            status on the game is 'not on production'.
            In this case is it possible to buy the rule and all the informations
            to build 1841 ?

            --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Monical" <mike.monical@a...> wrote:
            > --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "axelbrochard" <abrochard@c...> wrote:
            > > How I could buy or find the rule of 1841.
            > > (
            > > I find the map the titles,
            > > I don't find the compagnie page and the stock market table ?
            > > )
            > > I send a mail to C. Lawson but I don't have a answer.
            >
            > It sounds like you are trying to create your own copy of 1841 which
            > suspect would be a violation of copywrite laws. This has been
            > discussed many times is this forum. I think you would be better off
            > inquiring if you could purchase the entire game.
          • Robert Jasiek
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
              axelbrochard wrote:
              > In this case is it possible to buy the rule and all the informations
              > to build 1841 ?

              Solely for private purposes I have created graphics files
              for 1841. If the copyright holder of 1841 would allow it,
              I could provide the files so that a customer pays him a
              license for receiving the files and using them for one and
              only one copy at any one time.

              --
              robert jasiek