18GA clarification

  • John David Galt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:08 AM
      Brent Carter asked:
      > I have another 18GA question. 1830 forbids placing two tokens of the same
      > color on any tile or hexagon. Is this rule intended to apply in 18GA?
      > Specifically, are you forbidden to place more than one token of the same
      > color on the Atlanta tile?

      That's right. The rules for laying tiles and tokens in 18GA are pretty much
      exactly the same as in 1830.

      In looking this up I noticed one exception: Rule 3.3 points out that when
      the yellow Atlanta tile (#451) is placed, the player laying the tile must
      immediately decide which station will be the home of the W&A. The old tile
      had a preprinted "W&A" on one of the spaces, but the new ones do not, since
      I designed them to have you put round white stickers on the city circles
      before playing. So I'm putting this in as a new clarification: you need
      to write "W&A" in the bottom city circle (the one nearest the tile number)
      on all three Atlanta tiles after the stickers go on the tiles.

      I'm copying the 18xx mailing list to spread the word, and will update the
      clarifications on the web site as well.

      Regards,
      John