Anyone attending MidSumCon?

  • Rick Westerman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 1999
      Is anyone one on the 18xx list planning to attend the Mid-Sum-Con (SW
      Chicago, USA) in a couple of weeks? See:

      http://www.rich-and-sharon.org/game/midsumcon.htm

      Mark Derrick posted a message about this convention a month or so ago and,
      since I live within a 3 hour drive of it, I and a group of friends are
      planning on attending. If anyone else from the list will be there I'd like
      to say "hi" in person.

      -- Rick

      Rick Westerman System Manager of (1) the Ag Campus Lab. for
      westerm@... Computational Biology [ACLCB], (2) the Genomics
      Phone: (765) 494-0505 center, and (3) the Biochemistry department.
      FAX: (765) 494-7897 BCHM bldg. Purdue Univ. W. Lafayette, IN 47907
      href="http://www.biochem.purdue.edu/~westerm"
    • Mark Derrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 1999
        At 09:56 AM 7/12/99, you wrote:
        >From: Rick Westerman <westerm@...>
        >
        >Is anyone one on the 18xx list planning to attend the Mid-Sum-Con (SW
        >Chicago, USA) in a couple of weeks? See:
        >
        >http://www.rich-and-sharon.org/game/midsumcon.htm
        >
        >Mark Derrick posted a message about this convention a month or so ago and,
        >since I live within a 3 hour drive of it, I and a group of friends are
        >planning on attending. If anyone else from the list will be there I'd like
        >to say "hi" in person.

        I regret that I won't be able to make it back this year. I think you will
        have a good time since it seemed to be a friendly convention. Last year
        Mayfair was there and John Bohrer of Winsome dropped by. I plan to make it
        to GenCon instead. I have never been to GenCon in all my years in the hobby.

        If you are willing to travel to conventions, please consider my annual
        convention in Chattanooga. It will be held the 3rd weekend in January
        2000. The first rail convention of the millenium I guess!

        Mark
        For info on 18GA, 18TN and 18AL as well as my annual rail gaming
        convention, visit my web page at:

        http://home.chattanooga.net/~derrick/