Differances List

  • michaelmonical
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
      I have been trying to track down the differances list but can't find a
      link anymore.

      Does anyone know its address/status?

      Mike
    • Nick Wedd
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
        In message <a0t3ut+nupi@...>, michaelmonical
        <mike.monical@...> writes
        >I have been trying to track down the differances list but can't find a
        >link anymore.
        >
        >Does anyone know its address/status?

        It hasn't moved.
        http://www.maproom.demon.co.uk/18xxcomp.htm

        Nick
        --
        Nick Wedd nick@...
      • xrislawson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
          --- In 18xx@y..., "michaelmonical" <mike.monical@a...> wrote:
          > I have been trying to track down the differances list but can't
          > find a link anymore.

          http://www.maproom.demon.co.uk/18xxcomp.htm

          You will also find it linked from
          Blackwater Station http://www.18xx.net
          Lou's Game Corner http://junior.apk.net/~jerkich/railgame.html
          Lemmis Homepage http://www.18xx.de
          Dave Mitton http://people.ne.mediaone.net/dmitton/18xx.htm
          Ministral PBM http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/~18xx/
          Westpark Gamers http://home.t-online.de/home/Aaron.Haag/

          In fact it seems to be linked from most 18xx web sites (not
          surprizing really).

          And if you try Google (http://www.google.com) and enter "18xx
          differences list) you will find a whole bunch of links.

          So, didn't try very hard did you :)

          Cheers
          Chris
        • michaelmonical
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
            > So, didn't try very hard did you :)
            >
            > Cheers
            > Chris

            True, but it wasn't bookmarked here and that is one of the great
            things about this egroup is you get such great, timely, comprehensive
            answers to your questions. Thanks for all the links. ;-)

            Mike
          • robin barbehenn
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
              --- michaelmonical <mike.monical@...> wrote:

              > > So, didn't try very hard did you :)
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > > Chris
              >
              > True, but it wasn't bookmarked here and that is one
              > of the great
              > things about this egroup is you get such great,
              > timely, comprehensive
              > answers to your questions.

              And some gratuitous flaming as well :)

              Thanks for all the
              > links. ;-)
              >
              > Mike

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
            • Dave Mitton
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
                At 1/2/2002 09:15 PM +0000, you wrote:

                > > So, didn't try very hard did you :)
                > >
                > > Cheers
                > > Chris
                >
                >True, but it wasn't bookmarked here and that is one of the great
                >things about this egroup is you get such great, timely, comprehensive
                >answers to your questions. Thanks for all the links. ;-)
                >
                >Mike

                Bookmarked where??
                what are you talking about?
                (Hint: some of us don't visit the web page -- don't have to)

                Dave.
              • michaelmonical
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2002
                  --- In 18xx@y..., Dave Mitton <dave@m...> wrote:
                  > >answers to your questions. Thanks for all the links. ;-)
                  > >
                  > >Mike
                  >
                  > Bookmarked where??
                  > what are you talking about?

                  Obviously then it is time for one of my egroup propaganda messages.
                  IMHO, the best thing about the 18xx yahoo site is that all members can
                  post not only messages, but also upload files, conduct surveys, share
                  photos, create databases, and even chat with other 18xx aficionados.
                  Unlike all the other sites which require the owner to process and post
                  the information, this site is maintained by all members. Even the
                  venerable Xlawson is not able to keep up a 365 day/yr pace.

                  > (Hint: some of us don't visit the web page -- don't have to)
                  >
                  > Dave.

                  Sadly some people are unable to share the benefits provided by
                  egroups. Only about 26 have voted in the poll to register thier
                  preferances for thier favorite 18xx game. Do you want to know what
                  the most favorite 18xx title is? Check it out at:

                  Do you want to see were and when 18xx gamer groups meet? Look at:

                  You can also add 18xx premier events to the calender if you are so
                  inclined.

                  I may be able to post a more comprehensive list later but for the time
                  being if folks would look at those two links and update them then I
                  think we would be sharing valuable information.

                  And yes, you do have to allow cookies to do this which is apparently a
                  bigger deterrent then I can understand.

                  Mike
                • Robert Jasiek
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 6, 2002
                    michaelmonical wrote:
                    > Obviously then it is time for one of my egroup propaganda messages.
                    > IMHO, the best thing about the 18xx yahoo site is that all members can

                    Suppose cookies were allowed, how to ensure that yahoo does not
                    irregularly kill every new website user account by deliberately
                    forgetting to access the user's password after a few hours or days?
                    Am I the only one affected by some conversion bug from onelist via
                    egroups to yahoogroups? onelist did work well.

                    --
                    robert jasiek
                  • Lou Jerkich
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 6, 2002
                      When my Netscape 3 crashed and I upgraded to a newer version of
                      Netscape, my onelist password seemed to have been forgotten. I had to
                      sign up anew for the yahoogroups account. Since that time, I also seem
                      to be getting spam e-mails on a daily basis.

                      Lou Jerkich