FAQ update for 1830, 1837 and 1841

  • Lawson Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 1999
      Steve Thomas has provided new versions of his 1830, 1837 and 1841 Rules
      Corrections and Amendments (also called FAQ's). They are all now available
      on Blackwater Station. Steve has also created a similar Rules Corrections
      and Amendments for 1856 and is currently working on the 1870 document.

      The documents are available on
      http://freespace.virgin.net/chris.lawson/18xx/

      The RC&As have been confirmed by the appropriate designer (i.e. 1837 by
      Leonhard Orgler, 1841 by Federico Vellani and 1856 / 1870 by Bill Dixon) so
      can be considered as official extensions of the current rulebooks (or at
      least as official as they will ever be).

      It would seem that some people are having problems accessing the Virgin
      website, Mike Monical suggests that it may help if you contact your ISP as
      this fixed the problem for him. Recently Virgin have migrated their entire
      customer base of 130,000 users to their new free service and it may be this
      has contributed to the problem as well. I hope to set up a mirror site in
      the near future if this remains a problem.

      Cheers
      Chris

      chris.lawson@...
    • Alex Rhomberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
        > It would seem that some people are having problems accessing the Virgin
        > website, Mike Monical suggests that it may help if you contact your ISP as
        > this fixed the problem for him. Recently Virgin have migrated their entire
        > customer base of 130,000 users to their new free service and it may be this
        > has contributed to the problem as well. I hope to set up a mirror site in
        > the near future if this remains a problem.

        Mirror, good idea.
        http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~rhomberg/chris.lawson/18xx/index.htm

        I'll mirror daily with a cron script until I'm told that it's no longer
        necessary. I can sure browse those tiles fast now :)

        - Alex

        PS Chris, weblint finds 2828 things to complain about in your pages ;-)

        / \
        | Alex Rhomberg Tel: +41 1 632 49 18 |
        | Institut fuer Elektronik Fax: +41 1 632 12 10 |
        | ETH Zuerich Zentrale: +41 1 632 11 11 |
        | Gloriastrasse 35 |
        | 8092 Zuerich email: rhomberg@... |