Re: 18xx in progress

  • Michael.Bruenker@web.de
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2001
      I have less time (as you surely have noticed) so my contribution to this
      subject is only on which projects I am working:

      1828 Deutscher Zollverein (German tax-union) which will be ready to released
      for world wide tests at the Spiel '01 (as I hope)

      Bulgaria (planned to be 1868 or 1866, but I am free with the year)

      1813 or 1823 K├Âlner Karneval (Cologne Carnival), still a dream based on
      gathered informations

      1894 Verne, plays on the moon with a variable map.

      I would be glad if nobody would use the numbers 1828 and 1894. I don't know
      the exact year of the first Rosenmontagszug at the moment but I am sure that
      the year lies before all "real" 18xx variants.

      By the way, I am of the opinion that there should be an instance which can be
      used as a reference. I think Xris' web site would be the best but nobody can
      be forced to consider it as a reference.

      If anybody goes his own way we all have to respect it although we may have or
      own thoughts about such an action. There are no majority decisions in 18xx
      and if they would exist someone had to subject to them to be accused of
      breaking them.

      Michael
    • Steve Thomas
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2001
        Michael.Bruenker@... wrote:

        > 1828 Deutscher Zollverein (German tax-union) which will be ready to released
        > for world wide tests at the Spiel '01 (as I hope)

        I take it that this is Essen Spiel?

        There was a game by Francis Tresham called 1828. It was never
        published, but tinkering turned it into 1829. I've never seen
        1828, and in fact the only person on this list who might have
        done is Stuart Dagger.

        > Bulgaria (planned to be 1868 or 1866, but I am free with the year)

        1866 is "claimed" by David Earlywine; you should not use it,
        else confusion will ensue. I've played a game called 1868,
        by a designer whose name escapes me at the moment. It was
        never published (and shouldn't be without major changes, in
        my opinion).

        Steve
      • Peter Jacobi
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2001
          For a short comment on:

          > Peter Jacobi, I'm told, is still working on stuff. There is
          > 1876 version 2 - anything else?

          1876 v2 is semi-finished, but I'm not that satisfied. So bets are still
          up whether it will to 'finished' status.

          There are notes here and there for a 'limit-less' (train, share, ...)
          train game which may have some similarities to 18xx.

          But this is on extended hold, as the time slots used for 18xx design
          and software design were re-assigned to a temporary participation in a
          CEN standardization project, which can be rather funny too. Not to
          mention similarities in rule exegesis...

          Regards,
          Peter

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/