Re: [18xx] Re: 1862 rules

  • Steve Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      > Hans.Plattner@... wrote:

      > Your announcement got me rather interested in getting one of Your
      > rules. Can You send it per E-Mail or is it necessary to ship it.
    • Steve Thomas
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
        Lawson Chris wrote:

        > BTW, I think it's preferable not to add attachments to messages sent in to
        > the mailing list, some people have to pay by the second for internet access
        > which means that it can be a pain downloading unwanted files.

        That's why I've been sending the rules to people individually
        rather than sending a 100k attachment to everyone, which would
        have been simpler.

        > I assume that the message Steve sent
        > was in error and was meant to be a direct email to Hans.

        Indeed. Hans' reply was sent both directly to me and to the
        list, and I wasn't sufficiently careful in my reply. Apologies
        to anyone inconvenienced.

        Steve
      • Lawson Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
          The current Chris-and-Steve 1862 draft rules are now up on Blackwater
          Station (or at least on the new'ish 18xx.net site)

          http://www.18xx.net/1862/draft.htm

          BTW, I think it's preferable not to add attachments to messages sent in to
          the mailing list, some people have to pay by the second for internet access
          which means that it can be a pain downloading unwanted files (especially
          images and such). Fortunately we have a responsible set of people on this
          list (except for those gamekit producers who suddenly go off on an extended
          hiatus leaving a bunch of outstanding backorders waiting on the shelf.....)
          so it's never been a problem really. I assume that the message Steve sent
          was in error and was meant to be a direct email to Hans.

          Cheers
          Chris