1865 Sardinia

  • Tom McCorry
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 17, 2010
      Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

      Tom McCorry

      Sent from my iPad
    • dilago2000
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 18, 2010
        Link should be:

        http://www.ilgotha.org/1865/intro.htm

        --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Tom McCorry <tommccorry@...> wrote:

        > Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

        > Tom McCorry
        >
        > Sent from my iPad

      • ale_greenskid
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 18, 2010
          credit to Cory Williamson that did an incredible job on the artwork.
          please note that I have not updated the website yet. e.g. rules are very much outdated. I hope to have pics and proper info available in a few days.
          Production may take longer instead.

          regards
          Alessandro

          --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Tom McCorry <tommccorry@...> wrote:

          > Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

          > Tom McCorry
          >
          > Sent from my iPad

        • Jim Knight
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 18, 2010
            Please let us know when that's done. I thought the out of date rules seemed promising. It'll be interesting to see how it all hangs together.

            Jim

            credit to Cory Williamson that did an incredible job on the artwork.
            please note that I have not updated the website yet. e.g. rules are very much outdated. I hope to have pics and proper info available in a few days.
            Production may take longer instead.

            regards
            Alessandro

            --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Tom McCorry <tommccorry@...> wrote:

            > Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

            > Tom McCorry
            >
            > Sent from my iPad

          • willmellor75
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 18, 2010
              Hi Alessandro,

              From the Excel this looks great! Do you know who will publish this?

              --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Jim Knight <james.knight19@...> wrote:

              > Please let us know when that's done. I thought the out of date rules seemed promising. It'll be interesting to see how it all hangs together.
              >
              > Jim

            • Tim Moore
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 18, 2010
                I'll add: it IS beautiful.
                On Nov 17, 2010 10:19 PM, "Tom McCorry" <tommccorry@...> wrote:
                > Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia
                laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color
                components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor
                mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if
                interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

              • Vesa-Pekka Palmu
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 19, 2010
                  In other words my preordered copy of 1860v2 arrived today =) Had already
                  given up hope of seeing one ever =)
                • Ian
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 25, 2010
                    Just to say that Alessandro has now posted up-to-date rules along with some photographs. Looks great!

                    http://www.ilgotha.org/18xx/1865/1865.php

                    Ian

                    --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Tom McCorry <tommccorry@...> wrote:

                    > Just arrived at BGG.CON and was surprised to see a copy of 1865 Sardinia laid out for play. The production values are outstanding with full color components. It plays 2-4 players and has an interesting foreign investor mechanic. Games are supposed to be on sale soon. Here is link to rules if interested: www.ilgotha.ord/1865/intro.htm

                    > Tom McCorry
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPad

                  • Stefan Filonardi
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 25, 2010
                      Hallo,

                      Am 25.11.2010 09:50, schrieb Ian:
                      > Just to say that Alessandro has now posted up-to-date rules along
                      > with some photographs. Looks great!

                      indeed. I noticed that on the image

                      http://www.ilgotha.org/18xx/1865/1865%20closeup.jpg

                      above sulcis there is "glesiente" it should be "iglesiente".

                      ciao stefan
                    • ale_greenskid
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 17, 2011
                        I am delighted to announce that 1865 Sardinia is now available to the general public.
                        Please visit the Gotha Games website at
                        www.ilgotha.org
                        From here you can download the official rulebook and can get to our e-shop where it is possible to place an order for the game.

                        Note x North American customers - we are in partnership with Deep Thought Games to distribute the game in your region. DTG will start taking orders in early July. Please be patient while John reworks his website to accommodate 1865.

                        Note x all other customers - for logistic reasons we can only ship once per month. Orders placed now will ship on the week of July 11, not earlier.

                        many thanks
                        Alessandro
                      • Ulf Eriksen
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 18, 2011
                          I wanted to order, but the company could not accept shipping to Denmark

                          Is this a Kindergarten or what. That’s lunatic

                          Sincerely

                          Ulf Eriksen

                          I am delighted to announce that 1865 Sardinia is now available to the
                          general public.
                          Please visit the Gotha Games website at
                          www.ilgotha.org
                          From here you can download the official rulebook and can get to our e-shop
                          where it is possible to place an order for the game.

                          Note x North American customers - we are in partnership with Deep Thought
                          Games to distribute the game in your region. DTG will start taking orders in
                          early July. Please be patient while John reworks his website to accommodate
                          1865.

                          Note x all other customers - for logistic reasons we can only ship once per
                          month. Orders placed now will ship on the week of July 11, not earlier.

                          many thanks
                          Alessandro

                        • rail
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 18, 2011
                            Hi Ulf

                            apologies. we will look into it.
                            It must be some missed setting with the OS Commerce software.
                            We are having the same problem with Brasil and Australia but it is quite surprising to see no shipping method to Denmark.

                            please hold your horses while we investigate. I am sure the problem will be fixed soon.

                            many thanks
                            Alessandro

                            --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "Ulf Eriksen" <mafarin@...> wrote:

                            > I wanted to order, but the company could not accept shipping to Denmark
                            >

                            > Is this a Kindergarten or what. That's lunatic
                            >

                            > Sincerely
                            >

                            > Ulf Eriksen

                          • rail
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 18, 2011
                              Ulf
                              please try now.
                              thanks
                              Alessandro

                              --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "rail" <rail_18fb@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Ulf
                              >
                              > apologies. we will look into it.
                              > It must be some missed setting with the OS Commerce software.
                              > We are having the same problem with Brasil and Australia but it is quite surprising to see no shipping method to Denmark.
                              >
                              > please hold your horses while we investigate. I am sure the problem will be fixed soon.
                              >
                              > many thanks
                              > Alessandro
                              >
                              > --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "Ulf Eriksen" <mafarin@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I wanted to order, but the company could not accept shipping to Denmark
                              > >

                              > > Is this a Kindergarten or what. That's lunatic
                              > >

                              > > Sincerely
                              > >

                              > > Ulf Eriksen

                            • Ulf Eriksen
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                Thx. It looks like it worked out fine.

                                Thank you

                                Sincerely

                                Ulf Eriksen

                                Eriksen" <mafarin@> wrote:

                                > > I wanted to order, but the company could not accept shipping to Denmark
                                > >

                                > > Is this a Kindergarten or what. That's lunatic
                                > >

                                > > Sincerely
                                > >

                                > > Ulf Eriksen

                              • Daniel Victor
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                  Has anybody played it yet?
                                  Danny Victor

                                  ________________________________
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                    --- On Sun, 19/6/11, Daniel Victor <nonteadrinker@...> wrote:
                                    >Has anybody played it yet?

                                    Danny, they don't ship any until July 11th! (I'll just hop into my time machine...)

                                    I did play one last year, as part of the playtesting, with three players (one of whom was the Designer). I was sufficiently impressed (and intrigued) to buy a copy.

                                    Ian D

                                  • Richard P Westerman
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                      I played it twice at chat con. As soon as DTG has it on their web site I will oder it

                                      --
                                      Rick
                                      Sent via my DROID X

                                      Danny, they don't ship any until July 11th! (I'll just hop into my time machine...)

                                      I did play one last year, as part of the playtesting, with three players (one of whom was the Designer). I was sufficiently impressed (and intrigued) to buy a copy.

                                      Ian D

                                    • michaelmonical
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                        What are the chances John will bring a prototype to Portland (I hope, I hope).

                                        BTW what is David Hecht working on these days. It is not like him to not have a prototype in testing.

                                        --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Richard P Westerman <westerm@...> wrote:

                                        > I played it twice at chat con. As soon as DTG has it on their web site I will oder it
                                        >
                                        > --
                                        > Rick
                                        > Sent via my DROID X

                                      • John A. Tamplin
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                          On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 7:22 PM, michaelmonical <mike.monical@...>wrote:

                                          > What are the chances John will bring a prototype to Portland (I hope, I
                                          > hope).

                                          Since they aren't shipping until July 11, zero.

                                          --
                                          John A. Tamplin

                                        • David Hecht
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 19, 2011
                                            I will be bringing a very rough (rules, not bits, which are more or less
                                            the usual) proto of a game which I've been fiddling with since roughly
                                            April. It has been tabled two times and has been redesigned radically
                                            after each outing: the same may happen again, but in any case the
                                            current version is quite different than what was previously seen.

                                            I decided to bring this out for a peek somewhat earlier in the
                                            developmental cycle than usual in order to allow both greater visibility
                                            and greater influence to the 18xx community at large. So this is as much
                                            a clinic in 18xx design as anything else.

                                            Be warned: I make no guarantees that the game as currently drawn up is
                                            balanced or even playable. Both earlier sessions had to be curtailed
                                            midway through the game, and this may happen yet again.

                                            On 6/19/2011 7:22 PM, michaelmonical wrote:
                                            > BTW what is David Hecht working on these days. It is not like him to not have a prototype in testing.
                                          • Hanno Girke
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 22, 2011
                                              Will you bring a certain amount of copies to SPIEL Essen?

                                              Thanks

                                              Hanno

                                              Am 18.06.2011 um 00:54 schrieb ale_greenskid:

                                              > I am delighted to announce that 1865 Sardinia is now available to
                                              > the general public.
                                              > Please visit the Gotha Games website at
                                              > www.ilgotha.org
                                              > From here you can download the official rulebook and can get to our
                                              > e-shop where it is possible to place an order for the game.
                                              >
                                              > Note x North American customers - we are in partnership with Deep
                                              > Thought Games to distribute the game in your region. DTG will start
                                              > taking orders in early July. Please be patient while John reworks
                                              > his website to accommodate 1865.
                                              >
                                              > Note x all other customers - for logistic reasons we can only ship
                                              > once per month. Orders placed now will ship on the week of July 11,
                                              > not earlier.
                                              >
                                              > many thanks
                                              > Alessandro

                                            • ale_greenskid
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jun 24, 2011
                                                Hi

                                                I am not sure if I have already answered your question.
                                                In any case, I may take a few copies to Essen if I attend.
                                                please send a short email to shop@.... I will keep a list of reservations and advice if and when I will be there.

                                                many thanks
                                                Alessandro