Re: [18xx] Re: Other technical aspects -- accelerating track and unlimited trains

  • Aliza Panitz
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 1, 2010
      On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM, John David Galt
      <jdg@...> wrote:
      >>> So what is the cash account used for?  [...]
      >
      >> It appears that the cash account is a slush fund used to pad later dividends.
      >
      > Sounds like the same kind of fraud as the Dell/Intel scandal.  Two of Dell's
      > accountants just got charged with felonies.

      I will assert that it is difficult to win most 18xx titles without
      engaging in financial manipulations that would indeed be considered
      felonious under current laws.

      Tax fraud. I need a tax fraud private. :-)

      - Aliza
    • Aliza Panitz
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 1, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Gregory R. Payne
        <shrapnel.city@...> wrote:
        > On 1 September 2010 19:38, Aliza Panitz <aliza.panitz@...> wrote:
        >> I will assert that it is difficult to win most 18xx titles without
        >> engaging in financial manipulations that would indeed be considered
        >> felonious under current laws.
        >>
        >> Tax fraud. I need a tax fraud private. :-)
        >
        > Ok. This might be a stupid question, but... why _haven't_ you designed
        > a game yet?

        I have two 18xx titles and a card game in various stages of the design
        process, none ready to share, though I have discussed them a bit (in
        the abstract) with some of the local players.

        I'm currently fantasizing about having one game ready to play at
        Kublacon, next May. We shall see.

        - Aliza