Re: Other technical aspects -- accelerating track and unlimited trains

  • brosiuse
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 31, 2010
      --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, Aliza Panitz <aliza.panitz@...> wrote:

      > There is a pretty close 2038 parallel -- you may play one cheap and
      > one expensive claim per turn.
      >
      > - Aliza

      Thanks, Aliza. That was my point. You can pay extra to expand
      your route network faster.

      Interestingly, the soon-to-be-released New England Rails does
      more or less the same thing.
    • Aliza Panitz
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 1, 2010
        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Gregory R. Payne
        <shrapnel.city@...> wrote:
        > On 1 September 2010 19:38, Aliza Panitz <aliza.panitz@...> wrote:
        >> I will assert that it is difficult to win most 18xx titles without
        >> engaging in financial manipulations that would indeed be considered
        >> felonious under current laws.
        >>
        >> Tax fraud. I need a tax fraud private. :-)
        >
        > Ok. This might be a stupid question, but... why _haven't_ you designed
        > a game yet?

        I have two 18xx titles and a card game in various stages of the design
        process, none ready to share, though I have discussed them a bit (in
        the abstract) with some of the local players.

        I'm currently fantasizing about having one game ready to play at
        Kublacon, next May. We shall see.

        - Aliza