18SX Private #8

  • Bill Jaffe
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
      What does it do?

      My rules don't say, and there is no private powers table?

      Bill Jaffe

      <mailto:bigbillthecollector@...> bigbillthecollector@...

      Wargaming - EIA, 18xx, and more

    • Dean Washburn
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
        Bill Jaffe wrote:

        What does it do?

        My rules don't say, and there is no private powers table?

        Bill Jaffe

        <mailto:bigbillthecollector@...> bigbillthecollector@...

        Wargaming - EIA, 18xx, and more

        Bill,

        I assume we are talking about Wolfram Janich's 1837SX and private #8, which
        is the "Richard Hartmann Sachs Maschinenfabrik". If so, on my copy the
        description is on the back of the card which states: "The owning Corporation
        may purchase one train at half price. This action closes the Sachsische
        Maschinenfabrik."

        I hope that helps.

        Dean
      • Bill Jaffe
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
          Yes, can you send me the text on the other privates as well. My copy doesn't
          have the text.

          Bill Jaffe

          bigbillthecollector@...

          Wargaming - EIA, 18xx, and more

          <mailto:bigbillthecollector%40yahoo.com> > bigbillthecollector@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
            Bill,

            Unless someone else is interested in these descriptions, I will send them to
            you off the list.

            Dean

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2008
              >1a. Re: 18SX Private #8
              > Posted by: "Dean Washburn" dwashburn14@... washburndean
              > Date: Mon Nov 3, 2008 8:56 am ((PST))
              >
              >Bill,
              >
              >Unless someone else is interested in these descriptions, I will send them to
              >you off the list.
              >
              >Dean,

              Would you please post them to the list ??

              Thank you,

              Wild Bill
            • Dean Washburn
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2008
                Wild Bill wrote:

                >Bill,
                >
                >Unless someone else is interested in these descriptions, I will send them to
                >you off the list.
                >
                >Dean,

                Would you please post them to the list ??

                Thank you,

                Wild Bill

                I didn't know how many people might be interested or, for that matter, how many had a copy that didn't have the descriptions already available.

                Dean

                Here's the privates for 1837SX and their properties:

                #1 Altenburg-Zeitzer Eisenbahn

                Place a station token for free either in Altenburg or Zeitz. The building of the station closes the AZE.

                #2 Chemnitz-Aue-Adorfer E.

                Two additional tile placing activities free of charge for single gauge track south of Chemnitz/westl. Kommotau. Per OR one of these actions can be performed by: a) Placing a tile on an empty hex; b) Upgrading of existing tile. The first action closes the CAAE.

                #3 Chemnitz-Kommotauer E.

                Place a station marker for free at Kommotau. When building this station, the company may build single track on both adjacent hexes in the same turn. These building actions are in addition to the normal track building action. Building the station will close the CKE.

                #4 Zwickau-Falenheiner E.

                The ZFE enhances the length of a route for one train by one track capacity. The "+1H" marker is placed on the train. This closes the ZFE. The marker stays with this train. If the train is sold the marker is removed from play. The marker does not alter the train's obsolescence!

                #5 Leipzig Messe

                The corporation which owns the Leipzig Fair may add Marks to every route it runs via Leipzig. The token is placed on the Leipzig hex. It will be removed when the first 12H train is purchased.

                #6 Viaductbau-Gesellschaft

                When building a viaduct, the owning Corporation may build on another hex in the same OR. Alternatively, the Corporation may build one viaduct for free. This action however closes the Viaductbau-Gesellschaft.

                #7 Reichenberger Eisenbahn

                The RE enhances the route of one train by a track capacity of two. The "+2H" token is placed on the train. The usage of the token closes the RE. The token stays with the train. If the train is sold, the token leaves the game. The token has no influence on train obsolescence!

                #8 Richard Hartmann Saschs. Maschinenfabrik

                The owning Corporation may purchase one train at half price. This action closes the Sachsische Maschinenfabrik.

                Note: Our group has had some discussion about the closure of #6. The statement is somewhat ambiguous as to whether it is only the use of the company for a free viaduct that closes it or whether it is either action. We have played that it is either action. I guess that is a house rule.
              • Steve Thomas
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 11, 2008
                  Dean Washburn wrote:

                  > Here's the privates for 1837SX and their properties:

                  > #2 Chemnitz-Aue-Adorfer E.
                  >
                  > Two additional tile placing activities free of charge for single gauge
                  > track south of Chemnitz/westl. Kommotau. Per OR one of these actions can
                  > be performed by: a) Placing a tile on an empty hex; b) Upgrading of
                  > existing tile. The first action closes the CAAE.

                  That's what my set says, too. But the owner of a more recent set says that
                  his private only closes on the second such action.

                  > #5 Leipzig Messe

                  > The corporation which owns the Leipzig Fair may add Marks to every route
                  > it runs via Leipzig. The token is placed on the Leipzig hex. It will be
                  > removed when the first 12H train is purchased.

                  Mine is called Leipziger Messe. The amount missing has been clarified as 10
                  Marks. There is some uncertainty about how this should be played. We have
                  played that the player can delay putting the token on Leipzig, and if he
                  does this he can't claim the route bonus. There doesn't appear to be any
                  good reason why a player should do this.

                  > #6 Viaductbau-Gesellschaft
                  >
                  > When building a viaduct, the owning Corporation may build on another hex
                  > in the same OR. Alternatively, the Corporation may build one viaduct for
                  > free. This action however closes the Viaductbau-Gesellschaft.

                  > Note: Our group has had some discussion about the closure of #6. The
                  > statement is somewhat ambiguous as to whether it is only the use of the
                  > company for a free viaduct that closes it or whether it is either action.
                  > We have played that it is either action. I guess that is a house rule.

                  For what it's worth we rule the other way--the "however" seems to swing it
                  in my opinion.

                  --
                  Steve Thomas maisnestce@b...
                • Wolfram Janich
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
                    /Dear All,

                    here is the correct definition from the author:/

                    #2 Chemnitz-Aue-Adorfer E.
                    In the area of hexes G3 - K10 the owning corporation may
                    build _two yellow_ single track tiles.
                    *One* in each OR.

                    The Chemnitz-Aue-Adorfer Eisenbahn will be
                    closed, when the second tile is placed.

                    # 5 Leipziger Messe
                    The owning corporation may build a station on
                    hex C7 w/o having a track link to this hex.
                    In addition it may place the red “Messe” token on hex
                    C7. This increases the value of Leipzig for all
                    routes of this corporation by 10 Mark.

                    # 6 Viaductbau-Gesellschaft
                    The owning corporation may either
                    a) in every OR (when) it has built a viaduct, (may) build additionally on
                    one further hex
                    or
                    b) build one viaduct for free in addition to its normal building
                    entitlement.
                    The Viaductbau-Gesellschaft will be closed in
                    case a) in the brown phase,
                    in case b) immediately.
                    /Further clarification: The owning corporation can in either case build
                    only one
                    Viaduct per OR.

                    Nice Dice

                    Wolfram