Origins Report (Unofficial)

  • Beard, Bruce D.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      There were about 40 participants at 18XX in Columbus Ohio.
      Games played in approximate order of popularity:
      1830
      1861
      1870
      1846
      1856
      18GL
      18Scan
      18VA
      (maybe a couple of others)
      Three players--Mike Coyne, Bruce Beard, Spencer Hamblen--qualified for both finals.

      18XX Final (1870): Spencer Hamblen (by $280), Bruce Beard, Chuck Helms, Rick Dutton, Mike Coyne

      1830 Final A: Bruce Beard, Mike Coyne, Tim Pyffe, Mark Frazier

      1830 Final B: Shawn Blevins, Spencer Hamblen, John Puddifoot, David Hooten

      (Bruce got the plaque on the tie-breaker, winning by $1800 instead of $400)

      Warning to all. Spencer now lives in MD and has started going to DOK in Newark DE some Saturday nights. This will make our "New Crew" even stronger. Look out Kentish Mob!

      Trella Bromley won the Puffing Billy tournament.