Re: 18West files now available for download and public beta testing

  • Dave Thorby
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1 2:22 AM
      --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "John A. Tamplin" <jat@...> wrote:

      > I didn't create a special output file just for the prototype
      > materials uploaded, so there is one copy of the last page per four
      > sets. Just think of it as backup copies in case you make a mistake
      > cutting it :).

      This probably explains why the tile sheets have 2 "extra" #7 tiles,
      when the game doesn't have any!
    • John A. Tamplin
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1 9:33 AM
        The prototype materials for 18Kit are now available at
        http://www.proto.deepthoughtgames.com/ -- please discuss these materials
        on the dtg-proto list at http://groups.google.com/group/dtg-proto
        instead of here. The rules need a lot of work, but they should be
        sufficient to get the idea.

        18Kit is a modular game designed to scale based on the number of
        players, using 7-hex map tiles for replayability.

        --
        John A. Tamplin jat@...
        770/436-5387 HOME 4116 Manson Ave
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 3 4:17 AM
          On Sunday 01 July 2007 02:14:46 John A. Tamplin wrote:
          > I have created a Google Group dtg-proto for the discussion of prototypes
          > of upcoming games. I thought it best to create a new group as many
          > people here might not be interested in playtest reports, etc, and the
          > traffic might become higher than would be appropriate here.
          >
          > If you have a Google account (such as GMail or Google Calendar), you can
          > sign up using that account or it is easy enough to create one.
          > Alternatively, you can read (but not post) from the web interface
          > without an account.

          Is reading messages only possible on the web interface or is it possible to
          receive any new message as an email like on a mailing list?

          Thanks,
          Michael
        • Chris Shaffer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3 4:39 AM
            You can get them in email.

            Chris

            On 7/3/07, Michael Hekel <michael.hekel@...> wrote:

            > Is reading messages only possible on the web interface or is it possible
            > receive any new message as an email like on a mailing list?

          • Akke Monasso
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 3 4:40 AM
              On 7/3/07, Michael Hekel <michael.hekel@...> wrote:
              > On Sunday 01 July 2007 02:14:46 John A. Tamplin wrote:

              > > I have created a Google Group dtg-proto for the discussion of prototypes
              > > of upcoming games.

              > Is reading messages only possible on the web interface or is it possible to
              > receive any new message as an email like on a mailing list?

              When you join, you get the option to read online, receive digests or
              single mails.

              --
              Akke
            • Richard Clyne
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3 6:46 AM
                I have had them delivered to my gmail address and then forwarded to
                my normal address. Seems to work fine.
                On 3 Jul 2007, at 12:40, Akke Monasso wrote:

                > On 7/3/07, Michael Hekel <michael.hekel@...> wrote:
                >> On Sunday 01 July 2007 02:14:46 John A. Tamplin wrote:
                >
                >>> I have created a Google Group dtg-proto for the discussion of
                >>> prototypes
                >>> of upcoming games.
                >
                >> Is reading messages only possible on the web interface or is it
                >> possible to
                >> receive any new message as an email like on a mailing list?
                >
                > When you join, you get the option to read online, receive digests or
                > single mails.
                >
                > -
              • John A. Tamplin
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3 7:22 AM
                  Michael Hekel wrote:
                  > On Sunday 01 July 2007 02:14:46 John A. Tamplin wrote:
                  >
                  >> If you have a Google account (such as GMail or Google Calendar), you can
                  >> sign up using that account or it is easy enough to create one.
                  >> Alternatively, you can read (but not post) from the web interface
                  >> without an account.
                  >>
                  > Is reading messages only possible on the web interface or is it possible to
                  > receive any new message as an email like on a mailing list?

                  The comment about the web interface was saying you could still read the
                  messages there if you didn't want to sign up. Otherwise, it is a normal
                  mailing list with summary, digest, or individual mail options.