Re: 1830 PC

  • Steve Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2000
      Michael Bruenker <Michael.Bruenker@...> wrote:

      > I don't know if this bug is known but in an 1830 PC-game I was the
      > president of the C&O (random map) and this company had no route and $0
      > left. But it was able to buy a train from my B&O for $1 (or more) of my
      > personal cash.

      It is a bug. A corporation without a route need not
      own a train, so if it has no money it cannot buy one.
      The misbehaviour of the PC program in this respect
      has been described before on this list.

      Steve
    • Steve Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2000
        "Gerfried" <gerfried@...> wrote:

        > where can I get this 1830 Program?
        > Is there a [free|share]ware application somewhere?

        The 1830 program is a commercial product, produced
        by Avalon Hill almost 10 years ago. As far as I know
        it's still available, and perhaps at a discount, but
        certainly not for free.

        Steve
      • zieskep@juno.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14 9:28 AM
          --- In 18xx@egroups.com, Steve Thomas <Steve.Thomas@...
          wrote:
          > Michael Bruenker <Michael.Bruenker@h...> wrote:
          >
          > > I don't know if this bug is known but in an 1830 PC-game I was the
          > > president of the C&O (random map) and this company had no route
          and $0
          > > left. But it was able to buy a train from my B&O for $1 (or more)
          of my
          > > personal cash.
          >
          > It is a bug. A corporation without a route need not
          > own a train, so if it has no money it cannot buy one.
          > The misbehaviour of the PC program in this respect
          > has been described before on this list.
          >
          > Steve

          (I am new to this eGroup, so looking through old messages.)
          Ditto for new corporations with less than $1100, no routes, and only
          Diesels available - they buy Diesels anyways. Paul