Re: 1825 Tile Manifest by Units and Kits

  • Keith Thomasson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In 18xx@yahoogroups.com, "Lou Jerkich" <gamecorner@e...> wrote:

      > I have also uploaded an Excel file (1825 Tile manifest by Units and
      > Kits) which does not show pictures of the tiles, but does indicate
      > how many came with each Unit and Kit, and it does show the tile
      > numbers to which they promote. I hope it will be of use for those
      > who want to have a list of total tiles of each type, and for those
      > who wish to be very particular about the mix of tiles used when
      > combining Units and Kits.

      Lou, your note that "R2's tile #115 is incorrectly labelled #69' is
      true in some kits, but the full truth is more complicated than that.

      Some R2 kits were issued with a rules sheet listing a #115, some with
      a rules sheet listing a #69.

      Some R2 kits contained a #115, some contained a #69.

      The rules sheets and the contents did not always match :-(

      This seems to be a consequence of using up old #69 tiles when #115
      ran out, and then changing the rules sheet to match, rather than
      adding a note that some kits may contain a #69 tile which is
      identical in design to #115.

      It may not be worth putting all of that in the spreadsheet, though!

      Keith