Re: [18xx] TotalCon 2004 Pictures

  • Chris Kolenda
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      I guess this was the Con near Boston. Did you play
      with "serious Dave" the redsox fan?

      --- MorganPaulW@... wrote:
      > Just posted some pictures from TotalCon 2004. 1830
      > every morning
      > with a few games of 1870 and 1856.
      >
      > Paul Morgan

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Mark J. Dulcey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
        Chris Kolenda wrote:
        > I guess this was the Con near Boston. Did you play
        > with "serious Dave" the redsox fan?

        Yes, that would be the one; it was held for at least the second year in
        Mansfield, about 45 minutes southwest of Boston.

        I certainly did play Dave. Dave Lionett was the winner of a long,
        strange 18xx final (1870) which featured a number of railroads changing
        hands; I finished a respectable second, but was disappointed that I
        couldn't catch Dave. He also played a lot of other rail games (including
        qualifying for the Empire Builder International final, which he wasn't
        able to play in because of a time conflict with the 18xx final) and
        placed second in the overall Puffing Billy score.
      • Dave Mitton
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
          On 3/1/2004 10:19 AM -0800, Chris Kolenda wrote:
          >I guess this was the Con near Boston. Did you play
          >with "serious Dave" the redsox fan?
          >

          >--- MorganPaulW@... wrote:
          > > Just posted some pictures from TotalCon 2004. 1830
          > > every morning
          > > with a few games of 1870 and 1856.
          > >
          > > Paul Morgan

          Yes,
          Total Confusion.
          Dave Lionett came in second overall. Anthony Carver first.

          The final scores are linked here:
          http://home.comcast.net/~dmitton/tgnews.htm

          Dave Mitton, Conductor.