Looking for a drum

  • opfordrummer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
      Folks,
      I am seeking a drum for a friend, looking for a decent used drum about 16"x16". Please let me know if you have a one available; and while I am at it, I am compiling a list of drum makers, as many people ask me where to get one. I am aware of these current makers already; Cooperman, Heritage, Reamer, Florance and Carroll. I know of Leo Brennan having drums as well. Anyone know of any additions?
      Thank you for your help,
      Bryant White

      http://whitehistoricart.com/
    • Ronald Peeler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
          http://blog.fielddrums.com/2009/06/brown-knock-off-by-ron-peeler-looks.html

        To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012
          I make steam-bent solid shell drums. My blog is located at

          drumandfife.blogspot.com

          My email address is libertyhalldrumcorps@...

          I don't have any 16" wide boards right now. I do have two pieces of 15" wide ash. At the moment I am searching for some white oak so I can make a copy of an original 18th century British drum that measures 16 3/4" x 15 3/8".

          -Will Chappell

          --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, "opfordrummer" <opfordrummer@...> wrote:

          > Folks,
          > I am seeking a drum for a friend, looking for a decent used drum about 16"x16". Please let me know if you have a one available; and while I am at it, I am compiling a list of drum makers, as many people ask me where to get one. I am aware of these current makers already; Cooperman, Heritage, Reamer, Florance and Carroll. I know of Leo Brennan having drums as well. Anyone know of any additions?
          > Thank you for your help,
          > Bryant White
          >
          > http://whitehistoricart.com/

        • Wayne Mitchell
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012
            another quality drum maker is The Old Glory Drum shop  at theoldglorydrumshop.com  Mr. Ubaldos shop makes rope tension drums by hand and has been around many years, I believe he is in Teas. Wayne Mitchell

            To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
            From: whchappelle@...
            Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:38:54 +0000
            Subject: [18cMusic] Re: Looking for a drum

            I make steam-bent solid shell drums. My blog is located at

            drumandfife.blogspot.com

            My email address is libertyhalldrumcorps@...

            I don't have any 16" wide boards right now. I do have two pieces of 15" wide ash. At the moment I am searching for some white oak so I can make a copy of an original 18th century British drum that measures 16 3/4" x 15 3/8".

            -Will Chappell

            --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, "opfordrummer" <opfordrummer@...> wrote:

            > Folks,
            > I am seeking a drum for a friend, looking for a decent used drum about 16"x16". Please let me know if you have a one available; and while I am at it, I am compiling a list of drum makers, as many people ask me where to get one. I am aware of these current makers already; Cooperman, Heritage, Reamer, Florance and Carroll. I know of Leo Brennan having drums as well. Anyone know of any additions?
            > Thank you for your help,
            > Bryant White
            >
            > http://whitehistoricart.com/

          • Glenn Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
              .
              Dear Friends and Fellow Historians,

              On June 14, 1775, the Continental Congress resolved to raise ten companies of expert riflemen, six from Pennsylvania, two from Maryland, and two from Virginia, to serve as light infantry with the army then surrounding Boston.  That resolution not only adopted the provisional army of New England by thirteen United Colonies in Congress Assembled, but by adding troops from outside New England made in a "Continental Army."

              Three days later, the delegates to Congress "... reposing special trust and confidence" in the "patriotism, valor, conduct, and fidelity" of George Washington, appointed him "General and Commander in Chief, of the Army of the United Colonies, and of all the forces now raised, or to be raised, by them, and of all others who shall voluntarily offer their service, and join the said Army for the Defence of American liberty, and for repelling every hostile invasion thereof."

              To all my fellow active, retired, reserve and veteran members of the nation's senior service, the United States Army, Happy "HOOAH" Birthday, as well as that of my branch, the Infantry, on the anniversary of its founding and 237 years of continuous honorable and faithful service!  "This We'll Defend" - Hooah!.

              Best Regards,

              Glenn
              MAJ, IN, USA (ret)

            • jkrause365
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
                This drum is my favorite. Although it's larger than 16"X16" it sounds great.
                Jim Krause