Re: Camden, Latta Plantation, & British Night Watch Registration now ONLINE & ACTIVE

  • pissclam100
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 12 12:07 PM
      Hello Liste,

      Might there be a contact person for the Night Watch event in December. Several of us are planning to fly down from Long Is. N.Y. to attend for the first time and I have a few questions on logistics.

      Thanks in advance,

      Mark McClain
      3rd New York Reg't., Long Island Coy's

    • fiero88gt2002@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12 12:12 PM
        Did u try there web page ? Google it I'm sorry I don't have their web pg with me.
        Its a good event I go every year,
        Parking close by, good food,
        Frank
        Tampa

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
        Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:07:52 -0000
        To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [18cMusic] Re: Camden, Latta Plantation, & British Night Watch Registration now ONLINE & ACTIVE

        Hello Liste,

        Might there be a contact person for the Night Watch event in December. Several of us are planning to fly down from Long Is. N.Y. to attend for the first time and I have a few questions on logistics.

        Thanks in advance,

        Mark McClain
        3rd New York Reg't., Long Island Coy's

        --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, "John @ RNCR" <jt@...> wrote:

        > REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
        >
        > 3 Great Revolutionary War events are now online in one location-
        > http://events.rncr.org This website has event Reenactor information as well
        > as electronic participant registration for the following events:
        >
        > Latta Plantation- Labour Day Weekend, September 4-5 2010 Charlotte, NC
        > Battle of Charlotte & Battle of the Bees
        >
        > Camden Revolutionary War Field Days, November 6-7 2010 Camden SC Battle of
        > Camden & TBD either Charleston or Savannah 40th Anniversary of the Event
        > & Reunion!
        >
        > British Night Watch, December 3-5 2010, St. Augustine, FL Signers of the
        > Declaration of Independence ( and other Continental Prisoners) in Loyal
        > Florida.
        >

        > Online Registration saves you from the lines at arrival, as well as helping
        > the events plan for supplies. Be sure to check event guidelines for each
        > event, as they may differ from each other.
        >
        > We send out about 6 newsletters a year (total). If you have received this
        > email by mistake, or simply wish to be removed from this newsletter, please
        > reply with "remove" in the subject, and we'll take you off.
        > If you know of anyone who should be added to the list, simply go to the
        > website http://events.rncr.org and leave your email address.
        >
        > I remain,
        > John Thornton
        > www.rncr.org
        > www.britishnightwatch.org
        > http://events.rncr.org

      • pissclam100
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13 4:04 AM
          Tampa Frank,

          Thanks for the response. I've seen the web page and other things such as youtube videos. Just wondering about doing civilian vs muskets considering the special crating of arms and the ban on carrying ammo on flights as we have experienced doing the San Juan P.R. event the last two years. Also availability of lodgings in town vs farther away given the season and the event. We kind of have to be specific about what we bring as we can't rely on the usual "throw it in he car and it'll be there if I need it" convenience.

          Mark 3NY

        • fiero88gt2002@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13 8:30 AM
            Ammo Is provided the last time I went. Safety issue, flying into Jacksonville or Orlando? For comfort we stay at the holiday inn in town, $117.00/nite for a suite
            Or camp out at Anastasia beach state park, they have Hot showers,
            Good privies, elect/water on site, beach close by. A little cold though
            Even for a New Yorker, u can camp out in the town too they usually have a camp site selected right behind George st.
            Frank
            Tampa

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
            Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:04:22 -0000
            To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

            Tampa Frank,

            Thanks for the response. I've seen the web page and other things such as youtube videos. Just wondering about doing civilian vs muskets considering the special crating of arms and the ban on carrying ammo on flights as we have experienced doing the San Juan P.R. event the last two years. Also availability of lodgings in town vs farther away given the season and the event. We kind of have to be specific about what we bring as we can't rely on the usual "throw it in he car and it'll be there if I need it" convenience.

            Mark 3NY

            --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, fiero88gt2002@... wrote:

            > Did u try there web page ? Google it I'm sorry I don't have their web pg with me.
            > Its a good event I go every year,
            > Parking close by, good food,
            > Frank
            > Tampa
            > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          • Mark McClain
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13 10:22 AM
              Would love to camp on the beach but a little hard hauling the wall tent.  (I can just see me trying to get a 10'ridge pole in the overhead compartment.)  I see Jacksonville is pretty close so have got flight info already. Flights out of Orlando in season tend to be filled with to many Disneyland Rangers and all their souvenir baggage which they just have to carry-on because they have no room in the suitcases and back up security lines. Info on ammo is a must if we haul arms.  Anybody else?

              Thanks Frank. Hope to see you there.

              To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

              From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
              Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:04:22 -0000
              To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>

            • fiero88gt2002@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13 11:39 AM
                Lots of good restaurants near by if u don't want to eat the stuff in town
                Rain tree- very good- $$$$$
                Calrabals very good - $$
                Hooters, IHOP, Red lobster,
                A lot just like Long Island.
                It can get cold here in Dec. Be prepare for the night parade twice around the town, then the gun salute at the governor's house. Good drinks at the" EL Gallo"
                Reenactor's pub. ( Just wine and some spirits
                Free tour of the forts for reenactors
                Fort Mantanzas and Fort St Mark.
                Shooting demonstration at the Fort. Do you know Bob Smalls from the 42nd, or Robert Downy of the Suffolk Cty militia
                Frank
                Tampa

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Mark McClain <pissclam99@...>
                Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:22:03 +0000
                To: <18cmusic@yahoogroups.com>

                To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
                Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:04:22 -0000
                To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                Tampa Frank,

                Thanks for the response. I've seen the web page and other things such as youtube videos. Just wondering about doing civilian vs muskets considering the special crating of arms and the ban on carrying ammo on flights as we have experienced doing the San Juan P.R. event the last two years. Also availability of lodgings in town vs farther away given the season and the event. We kind of have to be specific about what we bring as we can't rely on the usual "throw it in he car and it'll be there if I need it" convenience.

                Mark 3NY

                --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, fiero88gt2002@... wrote:

                > Did u try there web page ? Google it I'm sorry I don't have their web pg with me.
                > Its a good event I go every year,
                > Parking close by, good food,
                > Frank
                > Tampa
                > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              • Mark McClain
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 13 1:56 PM
                  Keep the info coming.  Booby and Elaine Small are very close friends. They join us for many of our local events.  I believe you may be referring to Jimmy Downey of the Suffolk Co. Militia.  He used to be the commander here in the 3rd N.Y. I understand it was plenty cold for Fla. last winter.  Would rather wear the regimental in cold than heat any day.

                  Thanks again,

                  Mark

                  To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                  From: Mark McClain <pissclam99@...>
                  Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:22:03 +0000
                  To: <18cmusic@yahoogroups.com>

                  To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                  From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
                  Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:04:22 -0000
                  To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>

                • fiero88gt2002@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 13 4:25 PM
                    If you would be so kind as to give. Bob my email and phone. 813-892-9003 . I have been trying to get a hold of them, in the hopes that they would come and visit.
                    Be honest with you, I don't recall a flag ceremony like the BAR or BB event. Friday events start around 3-4 PM as everyone starts to check in. The. Town is reenactor friendly despite the college. There is a small Winery in town with free tours and samples. The beach is close by, the Hilton has a hotel right in the old town, $$$$, the Best western is good, Quality inn ok, these are the places I stayed at I liked the Holiday Inn, while you here try the Florida famous "Columbia Restaurant" excellent Cuban food and coffee. The Bunnery is the local favorite for breakfast, but you must get there early, the "Prince of Wales"
                    Serves the Best, fish and chips and make a great BBC sandwich too
                    But rumor has it they have close. Ripleys. Believe it or not is here,
                    Fountain of Youth ( hasn't wk for me yet) LOL
                    Parking, a three story. Garage $8/ car, all day
                    Walking in the old town is like walking around the water side of Port Jeff.
                    Frank
                    Tampa

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    From: Mark McClain <pissclam99@...>
                    Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:22:03 +0000
                    To: <18cmusic@yahoogroups.com>

                    To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                    From: "pissclam100" <pissclam99@...>
                    Sender: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:04:22 -0000
                    To: <18cMusic@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com

                    Tampa Frank,

                    Thanks for the response. I've seen the web page and other things such as youtube videos. Just wondering about doing civilian vs muskets considering the special crating of arms and the ban on carrying ammo on flights as we have experienced doing the San Juan P.R. event the last two years. Also availability of lodgings in town vs farther away given the season and the event. We kind of have to be specific about what we bring as we can't rely on the usual "throw it in he car and it'll be there if I need it" convenience.

                    Mark 3NY

                    --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, fiero88gt2002@... wrote:

                    > Did u try there web page ? Google it I'm sorry I don't have their web pg with me.
                    > Its a good event I go every year,
                    > Parking close by, good food,
                    > Frank
                    > Tampa
                    > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  • pissclam100
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 14 1:33 PM
                      Frank,

                      Please forward your full e-mail address to me at sandflea99@.... and I will send you Bob's e-mail and phone #.

                      Spoke to Bob yesterday and he is checking out this event.

                      Mark