Re: [18cMusic] Fort Ticonderoga

  • Philip Keyes
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9, 2005
      The Family and I will be in Plattsburgh this weekend - as part of the Green MT Fife & Drum Corps.  We'll be playing in the Parade that starts at 2:00 pm on Sat.

      Todd, did you know there's a portrait of you or your nefarious brother prominently displayed at the Hubbardton Battlefield visitor center?

      Phil Keyes

      toddstaxi@... wrote:

      Jim,

        I am not going to Fort Ti this year.  I've been there five times this year.  So, I'm going to do something different--War of 1812.  I'll be serving as the Drummer/Hornist for the BUFFS.  And Chester, I will be posting a photo sometime in the near future.

        Have fun and be sure to check out the musem!

      Aloha.

      Ihre Kreigkamerad,

      Todd E.

      -------------- Original message from "murf1775" <irishbrit@...>: --------------

      > Wow! this list has gone quiet lately. Is anyone going to Fort Ti this
      > weekend?

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • David Dooks
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 10, 2005
        Esteemed list,

        Is there anyone planning on attending the Sudbury
        Muster Sat. Sept. 24?

        Prescott's will be making their regular, but rare,
        appearance and with any luck, will have a tent and fly
        set-up along the the back area of the muster field.

        Anyone who is interested, please come by and say hi.
        Prescott's will be having some nibbles and drink
        around; donations of food and beverage are welcome,
        but not required.

        YS,

        David Dooks

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ronald Peeler
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 11, 2005
          Morning David and List

          I will be there with the Moodus Drum and Fife Corps. A group of Moodsites
          plan on camping Friday night.

          Also for the first time, Peeler Fifes will be setting up a booth. Stop by
          and say hello.

          In the ancient sprit

          Ron Peeler
          Moodus Drum and Fife Corps
          Peeler Fifes

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005

            PHILl,

                I served as the Drummer/Hornist for the "The BUFFS,"  Third Regiment of Foote, at Plattsburg last weekend.  We were encamped at the Kent-Delord House!

                It was a good time and I enjoyed myself!!  If we had only been able to hook-up!  Anyway, talk to you later.

               Aloha,

            Todd

            -------------- Original message from Philip Keyes <prkey15@...>: --------------

            toddstaxi@... wrote:

            Jim,

              I am not going to Fort Ti this year.  I've been there five times this year.  So, I'm going to do something different--War of 1812.  I'll be serving as the Drummer/Hornist for the BUFFS.  And Chester, I will be posting a photo sometime in the near future.

              Have fun and be sure to check out the musem!

            Aloha.

            Ihre Kreigkamerad,

            Todd E.

            -------------- Original message from "murf1775" <irishbrit@...>: --------------

            > Wow! this list has gone quiet lately. Is anyone going to Fort Ti this
            > weekend?

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Irishbrit
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 6, 2006
              Is anyone going to Fort Ticonderoga this weekend?

              I will be there with the British Ninth of Foot. I again will be
              without a fifer. I plan on doing duty calls and battlefield commands
              unless there is going to be a massing of music on the British side,
              but I doubt there will be enough musicians for that.

              Jim Murphy
              IX of Foot
            • toddstaxi@att.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 7, 2006

                Jim,

                    Sorry for missig OSV.  Work got in the way!  I'll be at Plattsburgh, NY--War of 1812.  Have fun at Fort Ti!

                Aloha.

                Todd E.

                -------------- Original message from "Irishbrit" <irishbrit@...>: --------------

                Is anyone going to Fort Ticonderoga this weekend?

                I will be there with the British Ninth of Foot. I again will be
                without a fifer. I plan on doing duty calls and battlefield commands
                unless there is going to be a massing of music on the British side,
                but I doubt there will be enough musicians for that.

                Jim Murphy
                IX of Foot

              • Andrea Wirth
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 7, 2006
                  Dear Jim,

                  I'm going to be there, but I'll be shooting. I will however have two fifers and a drummer in
                  tow for HM 1st Foot Guards. They're new to the British side, but they can play. They'll be
                  learning procedures, etc. I'll bring an extra drum however for some after-hours action.

                  Andrea Wirth, drummer/guardsman
                  HM 1st Foot Guards, Boston

                  --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Irishbrit" <irishbrit@...> wrote:

                  > Is anyone going to Fort Ticonderoga this weekend?
                  >
                  > I will be there with the British Ninth of Foot. I again will be
                  > without a fifer. I plan on doing duty calls and battlefield commands
                  > unless there is going to be a massing of music on the British side,
                  > but I doubt there will be enough musicians for that.
                  >
                  > Jim Murphy
                  > IX of Foot

                • Irishbrit
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 14, 2006
                    Yes, well that was an experience:-) I must say that the music (British
                    there was no music that I heard from the Rebel side) did very well
                    considering that we had never met or ever played together before.
                    however, there is the ever present problem of the fife music being the
                    same, and the drum beats all different. We MUST get together and be
                    all on the same page when it comes to drum beats for fife tunes. The
                    BAR has the right idea unfortunately not all Revwar reenactors have
                    the same drum beats to the same fife tunes, and not all units belong
                    to the same umbrella organization. Every Revwar era fife and drum
                    corps has the same fife tunes but different drum beats, and that is
                    what makes them "unique". No good for reenactments where musicians
                    come from different areas and backgrounds. Ideas?

                    Jim Murphy
                    IX Foote