Historic Fifes

  • Steve Dillon
    Message 1 of 118 , Mar 2, 2005
      I just wanted to announce that I will be putting up a group of web
      pages regarding historic fifes.

      I thought it a good idea for people to see what different fifes from
      different makers/time periods, looked like.

      Once a week I will be highlighting a different fife from my
      collection, or a fife that I have examined. Included will be a
      picture, some facts about the maker, and anything regarding the fife.

      The first fife is a rosewood instrument made by William Callender of
      Boston, circa 1810-1811.

      The webpage address is: http://www.dillonmusic.com/will.html

      Feel free to email me any questions.

      Sincerely,
      Steve Dillon
      Fifer, 2nd VA Reg.
      www.dillonmusic.com
    • Steve Dillon
      Message 118 of 118 , Sep 22, 2005
        List,

        I have put up 6 new historic catalogs of fifes.

        The link is:

        http://www.dillonmusic.com/historic_fifes/historic_fifes.html

        Sincerely,
        Steve Dillon