Rudimentary drum history slideshow

  • irishbrit1
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hey people! found a new site tonite, thought I might share it with
      those who might not have seen it yet. When you get there click on
      the History link. Part in there about drum slings too.
      Go to;
      http://www.thedrumclub.com/RUDIMENT/home.html

      Cprl. James Murphy
      IX of Foote
    • Susan Cifaldi
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
        These are DCI peolple. They know a lot about modern percussion.

        Sue

        irishbrit1 wrote:

        > Hey people! found a new site tonite, thought I might share it with
        > those who might not have seen it yet. When you get there click on
        > the History link. Part in there about drum slings too.
        > Go to;
        > http://www.thedrumclub.com/RUDIMENT/home.html
        >
        > Cprl. James Murphy
        > IX of Foote

      • irishbrit1
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
          I'm sorry Sue. What is this DCI of you speak?

          --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, Susan Cifaldi <scifaldi@s...> wrote:
          > These are DCI peolple. They know a lot about modern percussion.
          >
          > Sue
          >

          > irishbrit1 wrote:
          >

          > > Hey people! found a new site tonite, thought I might share it
          with
          > > those who might not have seen it yet. When you get there click on
          > > the History link. Part in there about drum slings too.
          > > Go to;
          > > http://www.thedrumclub.com/RUDIMENT/home.html
          > >
          > > Cprl. James Murphy
          > > IX of Foote

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Susan Cifaldi
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
            Oops, sorry. DCI = Drum Corps International. You know, the real
            serious guys in the FDB world who use multitoned drums and compete for
            serious money, do halftime shows, etc. There are a few of them who are
            quite interested in historical drumming, but their primary emphasis is
            on modern percussion and competition.

            Sue

            irishbrit1 wrote:

            > I'm sorry Sue. What is this DCI of you speak?
            >

            > --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, Susan Cifaldi <scifaldi@s...> wrote:
            > > These are DCI peolple. They know a lot about modern percussion.
            > >
            > > Sue
            > >

            > > irishbrit1 wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hey people! found a new site tonite, thought I might share it
            > with
            > > > those who might not have seen it yet. When you get there click on
            > > > the History link. Part in there about drum slings too.
            > > > Go to;
            > > > http://www.thedrumclub.com/RUDIMENT/home.html
            > > >
            > > > Cprl. James Murphy
            > > > IX of Foote

            > subject=Unsubscribe>

          • RICHARD
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
              Sue,

              Did you read Mark Wessels' history? If you did, could you point out which statements you found to be inaccurate. As far as I can tell the history is accurate and consistent with the history of the drum that I published in the Ancient Times. Other drum sites have similar histories.

              Richard

              On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:29:15 -0500, Susan Cifaldi wrote:

               > <tt>
               > Oops, sorry.  DCI = Drum Corps International.  You know, the real <BR>
               > serious guys in the FDB world who use multitoned drums and compete for <BR>
               > serious money, do halftime shows, etc.   There are a few of them who are <BR>
               > quite interested in historical drumming, but their primary emphasis is <BR>
               > on modern percussion and competition. <BR>
               > <BR>
               > Sue<BR>
               > <BR>
               > <BR>
               > <BR>
               > irishbrit1 wrote:<BR>
               > <BR>
               > ><BR>
               > > I'm sorry Sue. What is this DCI of you speak?<BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > > --- In 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com, Susan Cifaldi <scifaldi@s...> wrote:<BR>
               > > > These are DCI peolple.    They know a lot about modern percussion.<BR>
               > > ><BR>
               > > > Sue<BR>
               > > ><BR>
               > > ><BR>
               > > ><BR>
               > > > irishbrit1 wrote:<BR>
               > > ><BR>
               > > with<BR>
               > > subject=Unsubscribe><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > >        <BR>
               > >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of<BR>
               > >       Service <<a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a>>.<BR>
               > ><BR>
               > ><BR>
               > <BR>
               > <BR>
               > </tt>
               >
               >
               >
               >
               > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

               > <tt><hr width="500">
               > <ul>
               > </ul>
               > </tt>
               >
               > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

              __
              Find long lost school friends at http://www.alumni.net/
            • RICHARD
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                Sorry Sue but Mark Wessels is not some people and he is not DCI. He operates an online publications company out of Plano Texas in which he sells books he has authored on playing the snare drum and keyboard percussion instruments.

                __
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                  My bad. How silly of me not to recognize him as a leading researcher in
                  historical drumming, esp when his page features such "essential
                  rudiments" (his words, not mine) as the dragadiddle and alternating
                  hertas. Equally silly to connect him to DCI, even though the "winning
                  solo" featured on his page is connected with a "two-time DCI" champion.
                  What WAS I thinking.

                  RICHARD wrote:

                  > Sorry Sue but Mark Wessels is not some people and he is not DCI. He
                  > operates an online publications company out of Plano Texas in which he
                  > sells books he has authored on playing the snare drum and keyboard
                  > percussion instruments.
                  >

                  > __
                  > Find long lost school friends at http://www.alumni.net/
                  >
                  > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                  > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cnu4n30/M=290828.4766966.5935071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705841487:HM/EXP=1081014928/A=1950448/R=0/SIG=124t85je5/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4766966&yhad=1950448>

                • Wayne Mitchell
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                    MY some of us do get quite full of ourselves don't we. maybe if we spent a
                    little less time slamming others and what they are doing and a little more
                    time on our own issues and business we wouldn't have all this aggression
                    built up! chill out! Wayne and if you feel the need to slam me than by all
                    means knock yourself out, I'm a mediocre drummer at best, don't read all
                    that well, because I was self taught. but I enjoy myself to the fullest and
                    I love to meet people and teach the public about history and our country, Oh
                    and I bet that your average British drummer in the 18thcentury didn't read
                    music (as evidenced by the lack of abundent authentic music available,) all
                    that well but probably played listening, copying, and playing by rout. There
                    I guess I showed a little of my back side, but some of us are here because
                    we love the hobby and we arn't professionals. Wayne just wants to have fun,
                    I get enough of the difficult time in other areas of my life! I do
                    appreciate the constructive critism and the efforts by others to kick it up
                    a notch, Ron I greatly appreciate your efforts to bing a little clarity to
                    the group and help us beginners or novices. thanks again Wayne

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                      This kind of post hardly addresses any list issues and is best directed
                      personally. Feel free to contact me offlist.

                      scifaldi@...

                      Wayne Mitchell wrote:

                      >MY some of us do get quite full of ourselves don't we. maybe if we spent a
                      >little less time slamming others and what they are doing and a little more
                      >time on our own issues and business we wouldn't have all this aggression
                      >built up! chill out! Wayne and if you feel the need to slam me than by all
                      >means knock yourself out, I'm a mediocre drummer at best, don't read all
                      >that well, because I was self taught. but I enjoy myself to the fullest and
                      >I love to meet people and teach the public about history and our country, Oh
                      >and I bet that your average British drummer in the 18thcentury didn't read
                      >music (as evidenced by the lack of abundent authentic music available,) all
                      >that well but probably played listening, copying, and playing by rout. There
                      >I guess I showed a little of my back side, but some of us are here because
                      >we love the hobby and we arn't professionals. Wayne just wants to have fun,
                      >I get enough of the difficult time in other areas of my life! I do
                      >appreciate the constructive critism and the efforts by others to kick it up
                      >a notch, Ron I greatly appreciate your efforts to bing a little clarity to
                      >the group and help us beginners or novices. thanks again Wayne
                      >

                      >>From: Susan Cifaldi <scifaldi@...>
                      >>To: 18cMusic@yahoogroups.com
                      >>Subject: Re: [18cMusic] Re: Rudimentary drum history slideshow
                      >>Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:17:05 -0500
                      >>
                      >>My bad. How silly of me not to recognize him as a leading researcher in
                      >>historical drumming, esp when his page features such "essential
                      >>rudiments" (his words, not mine) as the dragadiddle and alternating
                      >>hertas. Equally silly to connect him to DCI, even though the "winning
                      >>solo" featured on his page is connected with a "two-time DCI" champion.
                      >> What WAS I thinking.
                      >>

                      >> RICHARD wrote:
                      >>

                      >>>Sorry Sue but Mark Wessels is not some people and he is not DCI. He
                      >>>operates an online publications company out of Plano Texas in which he
                      >>>sells books he has authored on playing the snare drum and keyboard
                      >>>percussion instruments.
                      >>>

                      >>>__
                      >>>Find long lost school friends at http://www.alumni.net/
                      >>>
                      >>>*Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                      >>>

                      >><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cnu4n30/M=290828.4766966.5935071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705841487:HM/EXP=1081014928/A=1950448/R=0/SIG=124t85je5/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4766966&yhad=1950448>

                      >>> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                      >>> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

                    • Jim Krause
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                        There appear to be quite a few broken links on the site.
                        Jim