Drum slings

  • Barb and Ed
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 7:08 AM
      Dear List,
       Something to also remember about the leather (On the slings)  is that it stated in the warrents about their color as British being buff/white, Scottish being black and so on....
      This also goes for the tabs on your drums as well.
       Ed Strong
      a.k.a. Edward Armstrong
      D/M 77th Reg't (F&I)
      Drummer 42nd Gren. Coy (Rev)

    • Mark Hilliard
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9 11:43 AM
        Greetings,

        As far as I can tell, stick holders were not used, or pretty unusual--is there any more hard info out there on this for the Rev War-era?  I know you wouldn't be putting down your sticks any more than a private would put down his musket.

        Also, didn't most musicians usually sling around the neck--right into the Civil War--rather than over the shoulder (yet another 1900s Ancient Fife & Drum anachronism?).

        --Mark