Re: [18cMusic] Musical Questions

  • JOEWHITNEY@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
      If you check the files section of this list, you will see that I posted every
      version I have of both the drum and fife versions of Drums Call/Drum
      Calls/Drummers Call, whatever you want to call it, from the 18th to 20th centuries.
      They're both in MS Word so they're fairly large, but worth the wait, I think.

      Some interesting points are that it's obvious to me that the Americans came
      up with a different call, in my opinion in an attempt to reconcile the time
      difference between the British fife and drum parts, and the British came up with
      their own solution by altering the fife part to fit the drum part.