Q about sewing manuals

  • Sherri Saines
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
      Dear Liste,

      Does anyone know of any 18th C sewing  how-to books?  I know there are a slew of them in the 19th c., and I have the 1797(?) guide to sewing for the poor.  Any earlier ones you know of?

      Sherri

    • Wendy Moyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
        The art of lingerie, by M. Garsault - if you can read French or use a
        translation program - its on Google books.

        Its an interesting read of nothing else...

        Wendy Moyer

        Historically Sew

        307 N Third St Perkasie PA 18944
        267-371-9476