RE: Pockettossis, was,

  • Barbara Bockrath
    Message 1 of 83 , Oct 3, 2012
      Mon Dieu, Mme. Marie Caron!

      Do people in your crowd really use such terms as "progressive
      or strict reconstructionist"???????????

      What a quick way to take the fun out of everything.

      Here's a stray thought - should any person mosey up and start demanding
      to examine one's personals, just treat them with Auntie B's litmus test.
      Bat your eyes, smile with gentle confusion and ask, in regard to the
      particular event, "What was the strategy of the campaign and what were
      the tactics to support the strategy?"

      Either you will receive one FABULOUS answer, or the Interlocutor will evaporate
      into the mist, leaving you alone to enjoy things all on your own.

      Keep a very small, period correct flask in your pocket and enjoy the occasional wee
      nip of Kahlua in your period correct pottery mug full of morning chocolate Slim Fast!

      Wink and a grin from yer old Auntie B in the [Pitts]burgh

      > To: 18cLife@yahoogroups.com

      ! At some point pockettosis affects us all. One cure
      > for pockettosis (and read no further if you are a progressive or strict
      > reconstructionist) is to sew pockets in your pocket. After mushing keys
      > and cell phone together ruined the phone screen, I made a pocket with a
      > lining and two small pockets sewn across the bottom back. Kept keys from
      > jingling, and made it easier to reach what I needed. The pockets are
      > both handsewn. But one pocket lets me relive the 18th c pockettosis; the
      > other... well, It's a concession, and I have no justification except
      > necessity.
      >
      > Marie

    • Barbara Bockrath
      Message 83 of 83 , Oct 14, 2012
        Bonjour, Radford Polinsky.

        Now I get it. The rules were (are) part of a scripted scenario.

        Again, the problem is with E-mail itself. Sometimes when we write - ummm, keyboard?? -
        we think that our correspondents know, deep down comprehend to what we are referring,
        when, in fact confusion reigns.

        My offspring keep telling me, "Ma, the keystroke rule applies to Twitter; not to E-mail."

        Thank you for your kind explanation. Much appreciated by,

        Auntie B in the [Pitts]burgh