Nearing group anniversary

  • bradley91505
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 1:17 PM
      Dear Group Members,
      We are nearing our groups anniversary and I thought I'd post a few
      comments.

      I began the group as a way for descendants of 13th Mass. soldiers to
      share information, and keep in touch with each other easily.

      Although there is not much posting now, I'm pretty pleased with the
      site and think it will grow.

      I continue to research the regt. and post new materials. This past
      year I've been able to share with several members in the group items
      I've found that were of particular interest to their soldier. (And I
      found a lot of new materials and sources this year).

      I'm currently going through a huge cache of letter transcriptions
      acquired from the Harvard Library; letters of John B. Noyes, Co. B. I
      haven't seen this material referenced in any of the CW books in my
      collection. Noyes was wounded at 2nd BR & Antietam. His letters are
      very detailed and descriptive. They begin before the regt. was
      mustered at Ft Independence. I intend to post some interesting
      excerpts later.

      Last year I sent a compilation of stories, mostly from the 13th Mass.
      Circulars, to publisher White Mane Books. They lost my manuscript so
      I am in the process of re-sending it. I will keep you posted.

      Happy Lincoln's Birthday to all.