Resources

  • bradley91505
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      I'm pleased with this start. I invited 26 people to join. I hope
      members will become familiar with the tools of this message board.

      We can create and edit photo albums, up to 300 pictures per album.
      The images are up loaded as low res-files. I intend to post some
      from my collection.

      We can also link to other sights. There is a new unit in Mass. re-
      enacting Co. F of the 13th Mass. I will link up to their sight.

      Art- you could post a link to your roster.

      You all should have a copy of Art Rideout's excellant computer disc
      with the re-union circulars. But some of us have family artifacts
      that might have useful information to others in the group.

      An example. Here is what I have:

      William Henry's diary of 1863. (mentions John Flye & Lyman Haskell
      of the 13th).
      WHF's discharge paper. He wrote all the battles he participated in
      on this.
      Six photographs by George Crosby of Marlboro, Mass. of the regiment
      in the field at Williamsport, MD Feb., 1862. (these are on the
      computer disc).
      A formal document from the govt. thanking him for his service.
      (hanging in my dad's study).
      His watch from 1873.
      His widow's application for a pension. This includes letters from
      Cpl. Frank Stone, Co. K, and I noticed the signature of John S. Fay
      among the documents.

      The 13th left behind a great deal of written material. But these
      unpublished family artifacts may be of interest to other
      descendants. I know I was able to obtain an obituary of WHF from
      descendant Arthur Kent whose ancestor kept a scrapbook on CO. K.

      It is my hope you will find useful connections among members and add
      to the general knowlege of the men of the regt.

      We can also post information on different resources we come across in
      libraries etc.

      Again, I'm new at this and it might take a while for the information
      to start showing up. I'm going to begin by trying to up-load some
      photos.
      Welcome Everyone! Please feel free to participate.
      Brad
    • Istarshiptrooper@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        I bet no-one has their ancester's dog pin with 13th co. f. Andrew J Mann like I do.

          This baby was at Gettysberg & Anteitam & Mannassas. the real thing

           mike ROunds

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • bradley91505
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          Excellent Mike! This is just what I was hoping for. I hope you will
          be able to share a picture of it at some point.
          Brad

          --- In 13thmassgroup@yahoogroups.com, Istarshiptrooper@... wrote:

          > I bet no-one has their ancester's dog pin with 13th co. f. Andrew J
          Mann like I do.

          > This baby was at Gettysberg & Anteitam & Mannassas. the real thing
          >
          > mike ROunds

        • Rideout Family
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
            Art- you could post a link to your roster. Done!
          • suedoenimh
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
              I didn't know there was a Haskell in the group. My relatives in the
              13th are Joseph, Samuel and William Cary. They were originally from
              Wayne, Maine Their sister Ellen Maria married William Henry Haskell.
              Peggy

              --- In 13thmassgroup@yahoogroups.com, "bradley91505"
              <bradleyandsue@...> wrote:

              > An example. Here is what I have:
              >
              > William Henry's diary of 1863. (mentions John Flye & Lyman Haskell
              > of the 13th).
            • bradley91505
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
                Peggy,
                Lyman Haskell was a soldier in Co. K. I haven't heard from any of his
                descendants. It's just that he was mentioned in my G G Grandfathers
                diary. WHForbush went to visit him one day while Lyman was on 'Safe
                Guard' Duty. He was protecting the property of a southern family
                while the army was in that vicinity. There is a detailed description
                of this family and house in the book "Three Years with Co. K" by
                Austin Stearns.

                Do you have any info on the Carey's?
                Brad

                --- In 13thmassgroup@yahoogroups.com, "suedoenimh" <suedoenimh@...>