New Member

  • bforbush@att.net
    Message 1 of 20 , May 13, 2012
      Greetings 13th Mass Group,
      I'd like to welcome Sherry Dunn to the group. Her ancestor is Simon Hartford, CO. F. Sherry has a collection of his letters she is preparing into manuscript form to publish. She is actively seeking out a photo of Simon if anyone else can help.
    • mossharry@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , May 14, 2012
        I suggest that she contact the US Army Military History Institute in Carlisle Pa. They have a lot of Civil War Soldier`s photos.       Harry Moss

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 17 9:02 AM
          Everyone,
          I'd like to welcome new member Susan A. to the group. She is a descendant of John Callahan, Co E and is researching his service with the 13th and the Veteran Reserve Corps. We discovered John was wounded at Chancellorseville, 1863, in the left hand. -- There were 2 John Callahans in the regt, the other was in Co G, if I recall correctly.

          The rosters credit his enlistment to Boston I think, but state his residence was in Dedham.

          If anyone has any research tips I you could exchange information.
          Brad
        • bforbush@att.net
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 27, 2014
            Greetings 13th Mass Group:
            Everyone, I would like to welcome new member David Kaczka to our group.  David is a descendant of George S. Cheney, Company E, who was wounded early in the war at Sir Johns Run near Hancock, Md.