Antietam

  • Bradley
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011
      Greetings 13thmass Group:
      Here is the link to the new history page of the website about Antietam. Some highlights include John S. Fay's unpublished memoir, Lt. Fox's Casualty report and the story of Adna P. Hall. I hope you enjoy it.
      Brad

      http://www.13thmass.org/1862/antietam.html
    • Al Gurney
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2011
        Thank you Brad for this fantastic account of the Antietam campaign. I would also like to thank you for remembering my great great grandfather Adna P. Hall. He was a simple man and other than his name being engraved on the civil war monument in Natick, not much of his service was ever recorded. Adna's breast plate was a surprise to me, because I never knew that it existed. That battle changed our family forever because from that moment on, we became the Gurney family instead of being the Hall's.

        I always look forward to your work.

        As a side note to the members, Brad and I were talking about where we grew up and he mentioned that Windsor CT was his home town. I told him that my college roommate was from Windsor and we discovered that they were next door neighbors. I had visited my roommate's home on many occasions and have to wonder if I ever saw Brad. It's a small world.

        Al Gurney