Group Photos of identified 13th Mass Men

  • Bradley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
      Greetings 13th Mass Group. A friend just sent me an ebay link. The seller has a few group portraits of 13th Mass men. There are a few for sale but this one sold. The great thing is the men are labeled. The bad thing is the posted scan is blurry. I wrote the seller hoping to get a good scan. That hasn't always worked in the past. Here is the link.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/13th-Massachusetts-Inf-officers-camp-cdv-photo-/290592585400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a8aaf6b8

      Thomas Jefferson Munn, George Paine, Dennis G. Walker are in the photo, and their descendants are in this group. Also Holden who I think was KIA at 2nd Bull Run, and William Soule, the famous Indian photographer.

      I downloaded the jpeg, but again the picture is blurry.

      Hope the link works.
      Brad
    • RKT
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011
        Brad: In one of the photos I see the name W. Tower. Any information on him, perhaps he is a cousin or mine and Lt. Morton Tower.

        Rich Tower

        Have a safe day and remember, safety is in your hands.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2011
          Hi Rich
          I noticed that too, but all I could do is look at the roster of the men from the 13th Mass, and that doesn't list parentage.  I don't have any mentions of W. Tower in my stuff.  There are so many that I don't have anything on.  I just found out That the 3 Russells in Co. I were all brothers.  Two of them were killed in the war.  Lauriman survived.

          There is a link to the roster on line from my website 'links' page if you want to check up on W. Tower.  If I learn anything I will keep you posted.
          Brad

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
            Thank you, I will check it out.