New Web Page is up

  • Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010
      http://13thmass.org/1862/popes_retreat.html

      Greetings 13th Mass Group !
      Its been a long while but I'm very pleased to announce the latest and most challenging new web page is up at 13thmass.org. The link at the top of this window will take you there.

      I've been building this page since June. In between a stressful new job and all the research and writing it took to describe this complicated period of the regiments history, (2 weeks in Aug. 1862) it has taken this long to complete!

      The page covers history from just after the battle at Cedar Mtn Aug 9, 1862, up until the engagement at Thoroughfare Gap, Aug. 28. It ends with Charles Roundy's impressions of the entire campaign.

      Its a long page with lots of pictures and narration. Events changed day to day during this two week campaign and I thought I should narrate throughout. I had to remind myself the mission was to keep everything focused on the 13th Mass and their experience. And so we end the page with a 13th Mass soldiers impressions.

      I will devote an entire page to the battle, with letters and remembrances of the 13th Mass soldiers. This will not take as long to build and post.

      The new page needs a few tweaks, but its all there. Feedback is welcome. I am most proud of this page !

      Hope things are well with everyone. I'm off to So. Cal's largest re-enactment now...
      More later.
      Brad
    • Glaxo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010