Need Group Members Help, Co. G & H

  • Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2010
      Greetings 13th Mass Group Members.
      I've been receiving inquiries from descendants of soldiers in Company's G & H. These are the two companies that I have the least information on. I know some members are descendants of, or researching Company G or H soldiers, and I'd like to request your assistance in this matter.

      If any of you have any information to share with our fellow group members please get in touch with them and share what have. If we can't find information on the specific soldier, perhaps we can share information about other soldiers in that particular company. Feel free to post at the group site and use it as a forum to get in touch with each other. Thats what the group site is designed for !!

      I would like to welcome new members Tim Fields, researching William W. Briggs, Co. H, - we have very little on Briggs.

      Also Fred Parker, who is researching his ancestor Thomas A. Parker of Co. G.

      I also just heard from the descendant of Joseph Mann, Co. H. Mann was killed at Petersburg just two and a half weeks before the regiment went home. He left behind a wife and child.

      Please, if any members from Co. H or G want to help out I would greatly appreciate it. All I have are lists of Co. H members buried in Natick, and the Stoneham Historical Society posts a list of GAR members on their website. (Co. G).

      I have more news but will put it in another post -
      Best Wishes
      Brad Forbush
    • ew1863@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2010
        Hi Brad,
            Have a little info on Thomas Parker for Fred.

        Thomas Alonzo Parker

        Born: 9 Apr 1831 in S. Danvers, MA

                        Father: Henry Parker

                        Mother: Phebe Town

        Residence at enlistment:  Reading, MA

        Age at enlistment:  30 yrs.

        Occupation at enlistment:  cabinet maker

        Enlisted: 10 Jul 1861

        Mustered In: 16 Jul1861 as a Private into Company G of the 13th Mass Vol. Inf.

        Discharged for disability on 26 Jan 1863

        Mustered In: 8 Aug 1864 as a Private into Company E of the 1st Battalion Mass Heavy Artillery

        Mustered Out: 28 Jun 1865

        1863 married Sarah A. Harrington (born: 1838) in Massachusetts and had 5 children.

                    Alonzo B. Parker        born: abt 1864

                    George T. Parker       born: abt 1865

                    Sarah E. Parker           born: abt 1868

                    Helen M. Parker           born: abt 1869

                    Adalaid M. Parker        born: abt 1873

        After the war resided in Reading, MA

        Was still living in Reading and still a cabinet maker as of 1880 census.

        Member of the GAR Post #12 (Horace M. Warren) in Wakefield, MA

        Died in 1885

        Hope This helps,

        Ed Welch

        Co. F