William Henry Forbush

  • bradley91505
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Right now I'm talking to myself, but should new members come aboard
      well then, I'll have gotten the ball in play as they said in the days
      of 62.

      I suggest new members post who their ancestor was or what their
      interest in the 13th Mass is for other members to see. Apparently we
      can post documents and photos on this forum and I intend to post some
      soon.

      I live in Burbank, CA. My ancestor was William Henry Forbush, CO. K.
      He joined the regt. July 16, 1861 at Ft.Independence, and served in
      the 13th until he was wounded at the 2nd battle of Bull Run. While at
      a hospital in Phila. he transferred to Flying Battery C of the 3rd US
      artillery. He finished up his 3 year term of enlistment with this
      unit.

      He returned home to Westboro, Mass. and was successful in business.
      He ran a grocery store with his uncle. But the war had ruined his
      health forever. He died young, age 37 in 1881.

      I have photographs and many resources on the regt. which I hope to
      share.