A complicated problem

  • paulogoes2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      I've a frameset containing 2 frames. In one of these (frame #1) there
      are dynamic generated links pointing to some web pages which should be
      displayed in the other frame that acts as a target (frame #2). As
      expected, the pages displayed in the target #2 have their own links
      which, in turn, point to others pages as well.
      The intention is display any accessed page in the same frame (#2),
      regardless whether it is accessed via links in frame #1 or via links
      available in the page displayed in frame #2.
      The problem is: when accessing some sites, they are displayed in a
      separated browser window. I'd like to determine how many windows are
      currently opened in order to know whether or not a new window is
      opened/created when an onClick or onChange event is triggered. Once it
      has occured, the page shown in the new (undesireable) browser window
      should be brought into frame #2 and its window destroyed.

      Thanks in advance
      Paulo