Need Javascript code for encoding xml data at client side

  • krishna008
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10 7:31 AM
      hi all

      I'm making a xml file at clinet side by using micorsoft xml
      dom parser.I'm making the xml tree by passing some strig data.since
      the xml doesnot support some characters like &, <, > etc.. if we
      insert the stirng containing this type of special characters , I'm
      gettng erros while reading the xml file.
      so what i want is , if any of you have any javascript code to
      fix this type of problems in xml data pls send me.
      here is the sample xml tree
      <Books>
      <Book id="1" name="my book1 & book2"/>
      <Book id="2" name="my boo<k1 & books"/>
      <Book id="3" name="my boo>k1"/>
      <Book id="4" name="my friends's book"/>
      </Book>

      here the above xml file generate erros if we read thru any parser.
      I want code for fixing this type of problems
      send me ur solutions asap...
      Thanx in Advance