General Yahoo Groups slowness - oldest members get served first ?

  • Peter-Paul Koch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2001
      Please bear with me.

      I'm on 4 Yahoo! Groups lists.

      I recently subscribed to HTML-Haven and 123javascripts, while I've been on
      JS-Jive for some months and on WDF for three years on one mail address, two
      years on a second one.

      I get my own HTML-Haven and 123javascripts mails back terribly slow
      sometimes they disappear, while JS-Jive may hiccup but is generally reliable
      and I get WDF mails fairly quickly on the older mail address, somewhat
      slower on the younger.

      A WDF member complained about terrible slowness, he subscribed two months
      ago.

      I have the horrible feeling that oldest members of any list get served first
      (and quickest) and the newest members have to wait (very long, sometimes).

      So I'm afraid new members will have to sit this out. Thank you, Yahoo!
      Groups, for once again making your service level a memorable one.

      ppk